iPhone and iPad only builds

I've made universal builds and that was fine but I was thinking of making an iPhone only game.

I know on GS publishing side of things they have this option for iPhone only. But how would that work on Apples side? I don't see a select option for iPhone only in iTunes Connect???

Comments

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

@Toque

On the GS publishing page choose the iPhone build, not universal. This process is what tells iTunes that your app is intended for iPhone /iPod only.

Then in iTunes Connect, only upload the iPhone images. If it complains about missing iPad images, even after uploading your build, then you may need to make an image for iPad size, although the app will not be presented to iPad users.

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

@Hopscotch said:
    @Toque

On the GS publishing page choose the iPhone build, not universal. This process is what tells iTunes that your app is intended for iPhone /iPod only.

Then in iTunes Connect, only upload the iPhone images. If it complains about missing iPad images, even after uploading your build, then you may need to make an image for iPad size, although the app will not be presented to iPad users.

Thats what I was hoping.

Thanks!!!!!