GameSalad

RossmanBros Next Game - WIP - Get Me Outta Here

123468

Comments

  • RossmanBrothersGamesRossmanBrothersGames Posts: 648Member, PRO

    Hey guys! We had a really fun time at Comic Con this last weekend. We had a high score competition for Get Me Outta Here and met a lot of new fans. It was really encouraging to see the majority if players not just try it and put it down but play multiple rounds, many coming back throughout the weekend to try and get farther than before. Here is a look at how it went!




  • jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Posts: 5,280Member, BASIC

    That looks awesome! The game looks great on screen! I'm old school but it feels so much more fun for me to play a game in front of a screen with a controller in my hands. In your other thread you mention EXE, while that doesn't seem too likely at the moment. Right now you can publish game on FireTV and get a great experience sitting in front of a large screen TV. I've done one of mine on there and it works great.

  • AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Posts: 798Member, PRO
    edited November 2016

    @RossmanBrothersGames Looks like fun! Always cool to see it on a big screen.

    @jamie_c said:
    That looks awesome! The game looks great on screen! I'm old school but it feels so much more fun for me to play a game in front of a screen with a controller in my hands. In your other thread you mention EXE, while that doesn't seem too likely at the moment. Right now you can publish game on FireTV and get a great experience sitting in front of a large screen TV. I've done one of mine on there and it works great.

    I'm hoping the gaming edition comes down for black friday, really want one for testing. Seems like a good market too, since the total app count isn't that high, a quality game like this could stand out.

  • RossmanBrothersGamesRossmanBrothersGames Posts: 648Member, PRO

    @jamie_c said:
    That looks awesome! The game looks great on screen! I'm old school but it feels so much more fun for me to play a game in front of a screen with a controller in my hands. In your other thread you mention EXE, while that doesn't seem too likely at the moment. Right now you can publish game on FireTV and get a great experience sitting in front of a large screen TV. I've done one of mine on there and it works great.

    thanks! yeah I keep meaning to test on FireTV, unfortunately while the iOS version runs perfectly the Android version is far from it right now, not exactly sure why, just laggy.

    @AlchimiaStudios thanks!

  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Dallas, TexasPosts: 8,829Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick

    Only now catching up with this thread. WOW! Fantastic work! Amazing job! I literally can't wait to try this one out!

  • RossmanBrothersGamesRossmanBrothersGames Posts: 648Member, PRO

    Thanks Braydon!

  • HopscotchHopscotch Posts: 2,604Member, PRO

    Looking good @RossmanBrothersGames

  • IceboxIcebox Posts: 1,297Member, BASIC

    This is awesome ! Love your art and gameplay

  • RossmanBrothersGamesRossmanBrothersGames Posts: 648Member, PRO

    @Hopscotch said:
    Looking good @RossmanBrothersGames

    @Icebox said:
    This is awesome ! Love your art and gameplay

    Thanks guys!

  • Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Dallas, TexasPosts: 8,829Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick
    edited December 2016

    Lovely!

  • Two.ETwo.E Posts: 226Member, BASIC

    Fantastic work.
    I really enjoy the angry bouncing ghost enemies. Look very cool.
    Best of luck with it,
    Two.E

  • frdfrd Posts: 185Member, BASIC

    Looking great! It could just be the gif, but the alien's bullet doesn't quite look like it's coming from the end of the gun to me. Very minor point though, as the big picture is ace.

  • ToqueToque Posts: 849Member, PRO

    Top notch! Great!

  • RossmanBrothersGamesRossmanBrothersGames Posts: 648Member, PRO

    Thanks guys. Each day is closer to completion.

    @frd I think you're right. My guess is right now I just have the bullets spawning from the mid point behind the actor. Which lines up the shooting up and down and left and right, but may be a little off on the diagonals. I'll look into it, thanks.

  • BigDaveBigDave Posts: 2,170Member, PRO

    @RossmanBrothersGames
    great news looking forward to play it

  • RossmanBrothersGamesRossmanBrothersGames Posts: 648Member, PRO

    thanks @BigDave

  • IceboxIcebox Posts: 1,297Member, BASIC

    Awesome ! You really nailed it , love the sound effects and graphics. This game would be amazing with mfi controller support .. I hope they support it soon.

  • PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaPosts: 1,202Member, PRO
    edited January 10

    @RossmanBrothersGames said:
    2017 UPDATE:

    The Game Is Coming Soon Here. Here is the new trailer:

    Frantic. Better than many action movie trailers! :grin:

  • RossmanBrothersGamesRossmanBrothersGames Posts: 648Member, PRO

    @Icebox said:
    Awesome ! You really nailed it , love the sound effects and graphics. This game would be amazing with mfi controller support .. I hope they support it soon.

    @PhilipCC said:

    @RossmanBrothersGames said:
    2017 UPDATE:

    The Game Is Coming Soon Here. Here is the new trailer:

    Frantic. Better than many action movie trailers! :grin:

    Thanks guys!

  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Posts: 8,188Member

    Looking forward to this! :smiley:

    QS =D

  • hybridhybrid Posts: 145Member

    looks awesome!!! i really like the style and all the effects, will be a hit for sure! good luck!

  • RossmanBrothersGamesRossmanBrothersGames Posts: 648Member, PRO

    @quantumsheep said:
    Looking forward to this! :smiley:

    QS =D

    @hybrid said:
    looks awesome!!! i really like the style and all the effects, will be a hit for sure! good luck!

    Thanks guys!

    Just submitted a big update to the beta with difficulty modifiers to make it open to a wide skill range. The modifiers come with score cuts or bonuses depending on if you make the game easier or harder, so it keeps everything fair and competitive while making it customizable depending on your skill level.

    If you'd like to give the beta a go and give me some feedback let me know. Thanks!

  • quantumsheepquantumsheep Posts: 8,188Member
    edited January 17

    @RossmanBrothersGames said:
    Just submitted a big update to the beta with difficulty modifiers to make it open to a >wide skill range. The modifiers come with score cuts or bonuses depending on if you >make the game easier or harder, so it keeps everything fair and competitive while >making it customizable depending on your skill level.

    See, this is the kind of thinking I love! I had a system like this for a shooter that I never finished where you had four difficulty levels.

    The variable for difficulty was therefore 1, 2, 3 or 4 and you'd multiply that by score.

    So 10 x1 = 10, 10 x4 = 40

    I also made it so that you would get less lives the higher the difficulty. That way there's more risk but greater rewards at higher difficulty levels.

    Anyway, it sounds like you have it all in hand!

    QS =D

  • supafly129supafly129 Posts: 414Member, PRO

    Loving it so far! Will let you know if I have any suggestions

  • fmakawafmakawa Posts: 512Member, PRO

    Would love to be a beta but I'm on android at the moment. Haven't replaced iPhone. If I remember correctly due to performance issues with android you été focusing on its right?

  • RossmanBrothersGamesRossmanBrothersGames Posts: 648Member, PRO

    Thanks @quantumsheep Yep I'm really happy with it. I'm noticing as I play that the difficulty levels feel right but I'm gonna need to tweak the scoring advantages and disadvantages to make it as fair as possible, but it will get there.

    @supafly129 said:
    Loving it so far! Will let you know if I have any suggestions

    Thanks man!

    @fmakawa said:
    Would love to be a beta but I'm on android at the moment. Haven't replaced iPhone. If I remember correctly due to performance issues with android you été focusing on its right?

    I believe I can get a version that will run on android, but its gonna take a lot of tweaking so that will be after the iOS version is done. Gonna have to strip some features and things to make it run well enough, then decide if it is still good enough to release. I think it is doable.

Sign In or Register to comment.