SOS

Hey everyone, need feedback here asap! I have launched a game a few days ago, and it has had 23,000 impressions. However, it has only seen about 100 downloads (~.0003% conversion rate). So what do I need to change (icon/screenshots/app description) to make it more enticing for people to play?

Meaner the better! Need help asap please because I dont want to lose this roll i am on!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/1-of-9/id1202579425?ls=1&mt=8

Comments

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited February 2017

i would say don't change the icon since its most likely the thing they clicked on to create your impression except you have some other traffic delivery methods. But..

it could be that you indicate something with your app icon that isn't in the actual game/screenshots

i personally thought about a ball physics game but on the screenshot it looks more like tic tac toe

so maybe to not disappoint your visitors you could change the icon to contain that grid but the question is if you would still get that much impressions, you may get less impressions but a higher conversation..

• elementappdevelementappdev Member, PRO Posts: 55

@BigDave said:
    i would say don't change the icon since its most likely the thing they clicked on to create your impression except you have some other traffic delivery methods. But..

it could be that you indicate something with your app icon that isn't in the actual game/screenshots

i personally thought about a ball physics game but on the screenshot it looks more like tic tac toe

so maybe to not disappoint your visitors you could change the icon to contain that grid but the question is if you would still get that much impressions, you may get less impressions but a higher conversation..

actually I looked, 24k people have seen my logo but only about 700 clicked on it. So I thnk I found one of my issues :D

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@elementappdev said:
    24k people have seen my logo but only about 700 clicked... so I think I found one of my issues

Yes, you've found one of your issues -- people are heartless selfish tools. :trollface:

• hybridhybrid Member Posts: 183

impressions are the times the app are showed in the result, like times they appear when someone make a search.

i had this problem too, most likely its that the keywords you use are not 100% related to the game, this means the people who search pass through your app because its not what they're looking for. try to find another keywords that you think are more related to your app, its really hard to find the niche where your app can be viewed a decent number of times of people who actually are looking to download it.

for a lot of time a lot of places said to avoid long tail keyword, like phrases, but also some other people said its good because you target the people who really are willing to download the app.

also, previously i used english uk, us, canada and aus to have more keywords, but the keyword you use in uk,aus,can,. are not used for the search on the us store, each location its for their own country.

the only keywords that are valid on the us market are the english US and the spanish mx, because spanish its the second most used language in usa.

what you can try its keep the same keywords you have and test another bunch of keywords more related to your app in the spanish mx localized, i have used a mix of spanish and english word in there and haven't had any problem.