HTML5 bugs with animations (or booleans)

Hello,
So I have this game (in HTML5) made with GameSalad. It works fine, except the animations and booleans are terrible.
The image below shows what it does in-game. I have a boolean attribute, "left", that is set to "true" when the character pushes the left arrow. As a result, the animation is supposed to left-oriented. However, it seems the boolean switches multiple times between true and false before eventually choosing the right attribute. Here's a 7s video (didn't have any better):

Do you have any ideas how to fix it? Note it'd be hard to re-generate the HTML5 again, as the game is 3GB and I literally spent days waiting the file to be generated.

Comments

• johnnymagnejohnnymagne NorwayMember Posts: 112

Have you tried using integer instead? Switch it between 1 and 0. See if things work then...

• AazousanAazousan Member Posts: 23

It'll imply rewriting the whole game, plus the HTML5 generation takes ages :/

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

The problems i faced on my html5 are :

• Images are case sensitive so you need to make sure the image text attribute matches the image name or else the graphics will be invisible, Example , Actor was called Hero and i replaced the image Hero with hero , so the actor was invisible on html5 preview but played fine on other platforms.

• not(boolean) does not work

• particles dont always work

• custom fonts are blurry

• "restore actor image when done" in the animate behavior is accurate you need to tick it off cause it will cause issues especially in a platform game. When you turn right it will play the right animation and if you go left it will switch to idle animation and then switch to left animation. Or when you jump as you hit the ground it will switch to run animation then idle animation. When I switched it off everything worked fine

You might have a tick on "restore actor image when done" im not sure , but this might be the problem.

I tried, but even within the HTML5 Preview it does the same thing. It does it with nearly every animations. I don't know if it happens to me only or other people experienced it before.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Did you try switching to indexes or integers instead? It is still doing the same thing?

Even without booleans it exhibited the same behavior. But I came around with a fix. It appears that when an animated is set by default, it'll mess the whole system up. Instead, I had to define a rule which will make the idle animation plays when no keys are pressed.
    Thanks everyone!