Reverse Flappy Bird Out Now on Playstore

agbeyeidagbeyeid Member Posts: 18
edited February 2017 in Announce Your Game!

My first game Reversed Flappy Bird is available on Google Playstore
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.reverseflappybird

Hope You'll Give It A Try

Comments

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

We don't look very positively at stolen IP here. Practicing your skills in GS by making a Flappy Bird clone (if you did the logic yourself) is one thing (I've done it myself), but taking and reusing someone else's graphics, which weren't given out for free is theft.

How about changing the graphics for something original?

• agbeyeidagbeyeid Member Posts: 18
    edited February 2017

@pHghost said:
    We don't look very positively at stolen IP here. Practicing your skills in GS by making a Flappy Bird clone (if you did the logic yourself) is one thing (I've done it myself), but taking and reusing someone else's graphics, which weren't given out for free is theft.

How about changing the graphics for something original

All the graphics are original apart from the background and which I got permission to use

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@agbeyeid said:
    All the graphics are original apart from the background and which I got permission to use

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

All fun aside, Best of luck with your release, and welcome to the forums.

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

You made your first game! On to the next one. Have fun designing your own game and characters, it's the best part!
    Best of luck

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

This proves flappy bird is the best mobile game of all time :) , it still inspires indie developers. Good job and good luck with the downloads , great start to have your game out there.

@gingagaming said:

@agbeyeid said:

Thanks for the luck
    it'll be needed for the downloads

@agbeyeid said:

If by 'original' you mean stolen from the original game, then yes, true.

Just by slightly changing the color of the bird or squeezing the background horizontally does not mean it's your original creation. Do you think having an Illustrator file proves you made it? Sounds cool!

I'll rip the latest Harry Potter movie and import it to Adobe Premiere. Then I'll flip the image horizontally and can sell it to cinemas and on BluRay to make mad bux. If the producers come and try to sue me, I'll show them my 'original' Premiere project -- totally legit!

Welcome to GameSalad, create what you wish, learn from others, get inspired by others, but please don't steal their work!

P.S. Yes, I can see you probably designed the menu font etc., but that's not the point. Some of the graphics are clearly stolen -- i.e. look pretty much exactly like in the original Flappy Bird.

Noted
    I'll try using original artwork in my next game

@agbeyeid said:
    Noted
    I'll try using original artwork in my next game

Cool!

It's also for your own protection, because if you make a game that starts making money, you can rest assured that anyone who thinks you used something they made without permission, will go after you (mere specifically, your money).

Now, this can sometimes be hard to navigate, because I've seen people selling or offering the Flappy Bird graphics online and saying others can use them in their projects -- but the problem is, of course, that they aren't the original creator, so they don't have the right to give you that permission, whatever they might say.

Good luck and looking forward to your next project!

Thanks