What makes a the game slow !

iraqiraqiraqiraq iraq baghdad , muslimMember Posts: 89
edited February 2017 in Working with GS (PC)

hello any one
can Tell me whats make my game slow ?
Please Tell me the things that works to slow the game ?becuze i need stay away from them
And what to do until the game be quick?
and The image the person must be entered size512x512 or 1024x768 or anther number?
and the scene:if the fame 50scene its good ? if the game 70scene its good ?or Number should be specified and should not be missed! like just 30scnee not more !
and how many actor import in my game ?

Comments

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

An good stable frame rate is 60fps. It might dip below that if a lot is happening. Depending on the type of the game, this might or might not be a problem.

Images should be 2x the size of the actor max, anything above that and you are likely wasting memory (which will slow the game down if there is a lot going on).

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

Typically game slow downs come more from how the code/behaviors of your game are set up than the images that are used. As long as images are kept to the recommended sizes that @pHghost mentions above.

• iraqiraqiraqiraq iraq baghdad , muslimMember Posts: 89
    edited February 2017

@pHghost said:
    Images should be 2x the size of the actor max, anything above that and you are likely wasting memory (which will slow the game down if there is a lot going on).

sorry my english its bad but you mean 512x512 its good ? or 1024x768 its good but if you make 2000x2000its bad.right ?

i have one ask. if i make actor 1 . in this actor i make copy this actor to 20 copy
    i open this actor from revert and i make another rule.thats good for game or bad ?

If the size of the actor is 256x256, then a texture size of 512x512 is perfect.

The 1024x768 will take as much memory as 1024x1024. On modern devices that is absolutely fine -- I sometimes use 2048x2048 images. Always do the minimum necessary. Always depends on how many such actors you have as well.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@iraqiraq There are many tips and guidelines about the questions you have in the GameSalad Cookbook. For example Chapter 7 explains images and sizes.

It is easy to find. Look under "Help" at the top of this page, then go to "Cookbook." While you are there you might find the Tutorials helpful for learning the basics.

thnx for every body but i need answer to this (if i make actor 1 . in this actor i make copy this actor to 20 copy
    i open this actor from revert and i make another rule.thats good for game or bad ?)
    becuze i see file scene and number 1 in file its be bigger like 140kb or 400kb

edited February 2017

I don't uderstand what you mean.

You can have hundreds of actors and you will be OK. You can add rules later and it is fine.

400kb is not much.

very thnx :)