IAP won't work on test flight

Hello, I have come to the end of finishing my game and the last bit I've being trying to connect up is the IAP. But every time I generate, sign, upload the app via application loader and use internal testing on the testflight when i click on item I'm not getting a pop up from apple saying to buy the item. I have tested it on multiple accounts, created a sandbox account and logged out of all my accounts on my phone but i still am not getting the pop up. I was also wondering what type of provisioning profile use to sign the app as at the moment i am using the distribution one.

Comments

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Distribution is correct.

If you are sure you got all the rules for IAP correct, just publish. I find testing it very unpredictable, so usually just skip it entirely. There's little chance something will go wrong if you double/triple check your logic.

• tommyallan2000tommyallan2000 Member, PRO Posts: 13

Okay I'll try that and see if it works

edited February 2017

Update: I sent it into apple and they rejected me because all the IAP were unresponsive. I really dont know what the connection issue is. This is my logic and purchase table on gamesalad.

In the last screenshot, Consume Item, why is there an expression in the Product ID? It should be ckpog, the same Product ID as in the Buy Item.

edited February 2017

i've just referred back to the table, i did have the name in there but it didn't work either so I changed it to that to test that to see if it worked

• MoikMoik Member, PRO Posts: 257

You didn't expressly mention having done it, so I'll ask:

• Are you calling for the IAP data before loading the IAP screen? Preferably as something that happens when the game starts? (ex a standalone timer that runs after 0.1 sec)
    • Are the IAPs set up in iTunes Connect?

Another thing I'm not sure about is the Request Purchase Data placement. I would generally have that activate automatically once entering the in-app shop, without any trigger rule obstructing it, in a different actor than any of the purchase buttons.

Then the purchase would happen when you press the button, only the actual Buy Item action.

Be careful using when: released! It can trigger repeatedly. If you press the button and release it, the button will remember it is in 'released' state and then could attempt a purchase every single time you switch to the in-app store screen! I have a post on this issue and a solution that I wrote recently.

im not calling the request data before hand just on every IAP. Yes i think they are set up in itunes connect, although i found it a bit confusing. i just made the IAP on the features option. Then when i submitted the game for review i added them to the submission area. But after being rejected they now look like this.

Ill try putting it outside a release rule and see what it does

Can you click open ckpog in iTunes Connect, to show how it is set up?

Do the request data on app launch or shop scene. Sometimes it can take a little while to connect, and the lag might have cause Apple to think your in-app aren't working.

I tried putting it outside the rue and using presses instead of release none work. This is my ckpog in itunes connect:

Did you try doing the request data at a different place?

I cannot see anything off in the way thing are set up, except that for some reason the Localization has a red dot next to it -- any idea why?

yeah, i've tried putting the request data in pretty much every place, but nothing seemed to work, I even put on an on screen box to show the variable for the callback attribute and it successfully getting the data as it is showing as 1. Not too sure why the localisation is red it is just like that for all of them ater the app got rejected.

edited March 2017

Do the iap need to to be summited before being able to test? As ive reset them all and they just say ready to submit.

Yeah, I think so.

but how do you submit them them then

On iTunes Connect you mean? Maybe I misunderstood what you mean.

yeah i meant on itunes connect. As if you do i have to submit a version of my game in for review as well and if I have to do that they will never work as they have not been aproved

Umm...

If you changed the behaviors, you need to submit a new build, yes.

I think the in-apps get approved together with the app.

Approved with in-apps means they are ready for sale, not simply an indication that they work in general.