Game Salad Doesn't Work on MAC

CORE GameCORE Game Member, PRO Posts: 280

Hello,
I have 3 macs (mac mini, iMac, Macbook pro 2008 and MacBook Pro 2016 (the recent one) ) when i try to install Gamesalad on MacBook Pro 2016 it installs normally, but when I double click the icon from the application it shows me a white box only (i think the launcher) this is strange.
Need your immediate help

Comments

• imjustmikeimjustmike Member Posts: 450

I had this issue. Out of interest, can you boot from the install file before you drag it into application folder? (double click the icon instead of dragging it).

It resolved for me after a restart and reinstall and resetting PRAM and a few other things that may or may not be related.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

This happened to me when I installed this on my 2016 Touchbar Macbook. It was working perfectly and then I installed CS6 and it broke GameSalad for some reason. I had to format my 1 day old computer and then purchase a subscription to CC to solve the issue. CS6 was the only thing that was not reinstalled and GS works as expected. So my assumption would be its other software that GS is clashing with. You should check @imjustmike solution first though, seems a quick and cheaper fix! Good luck.

• CORE GameCORE Game Member, PRO Posts: 280

@imjustmike i will try to reset the PRAM, the only thing i tried was trashing GameSalad and restarting and reinstalling again.

@gingagaming I have CC installed, i have the same setup for all of my MACs

• imjustmikeimjustmike Member Posts: 450

@gingagaming said:
    This happened to me when I installed this on my 2016 Touchbar Macbook. It was working perfectly and then I installed CS6 and it broke GameSalad for some reason. I had to format my 1 day old computer and then purchase a subscription to CC to solve the issue. CS6 was the only thing that was not reinstalled and GS works as expected. So my assumption would be its other software that GS is clashing with. You should check @imjustmike solution first though, seems a quick and cheaper fix! Good luck.

So the issue started for me when I installed the level editor. That crashed, then GS wouldn't work. I uninstalled both, but it still didn't work so I assumed then it wasn't related, but now I'm beginning to think it was a software conflict.

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

So AFAIK we don't have any special dependencies with CS6. GameSalad does use OpenGL heavily as does CS6, so any issues would be with the OpenGL / Accelerated graphics drivers. I'm still on El Capitan personally, and we have trouble reproducing it here, so I think it's a matter of machine / macOS combinations. Once we have a way to reproduce it we'll post instructions for help in gathering data (via the console or some other means) to help us track down this problem.

If anyone finds out anything interesting, let us know!