Table keep crashing GS

fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

Hi folks,
i have a very small table of 400 cells with each contain either a single letter or max 2 digit number. Opening or trying to manipulate said table is crashing GS. Even more problematic is I notice that the table name has changed when its referred in formulas. The table is named TB_Letters but it is now appearing in formulas as Table 1. Any idea what is causing this?

Comments

• imjustmikeimjustmike Member Posts: 450

Does the same issue happen with a new project and the same table (and same behaviours manipulating the table?

Does the same issue happen with a new table in the same project?

Having a table name wrong certainly isn't going to help but I don't know what could be causing it

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

@imjustmike said:
    Does the same issue happen with a new project and the same table (and same behaviours manipulating the table?

No it does not.

Does the same issue happen with a new table in the same project?

yes

Having a table name wrong certainly isn't going to help but I don't know what could be causing it

Its fine since GS is still reading the data just fine when playing but that is a tad odd and worrying since its not meant to do that. It is the first table after the purchase table so that in itself is correct but I don't name my tables that way for obvious reasons. So its strange, you know. Perhaps I have too many tables? GS has a limit right?

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Hmm...

The different name would not have any effect when running the app, since tables are identified by their ID#, but yeah, this is strange.

Did you manipulate the XML inside the project at all?

How many tables does your project have?

@pHghost said:
    Hmm...

The different name would not have any effect when running the app, since tables are identified by their ID#, but yeah, this is strange.

Did you manipulate the XML inside the project at all?

How many tables does your project have?

Nope. I have never touched the xml. Don't know enough to tinker with that properly. Or at least as well as I would like.

49 last count. 15 of those are leaders boards of 10 names (so 20 cells each) and only 2 truly large ones

edited March 2017

I tried making a sample project. 99 tables seems to be the maximum (then the + to add more grays out). But no crashes even with that number.

No idea why the 99 (100 with the PurchaseTable) limit is there. I tried using the GS Project Merger and merged two projects with 99 user tables each. The result had 198 tables and they seemed to open up fine.

Some limits are hard-coded in GS, but can be circumvented. For example, in-app, GS limits the size of text in a DisplayText behavior, but you can easily edit this text to be larger through XML editing and it works perfectly fine.

@pHghost interesting! So no idea then. Its not a big deal since its a minor tweak I wanted to make but t might have repercussions later so wanted to get to the bottom of it.

Try uploading the project to the GS publishing portal and then downloading it back from there, if it makes a difference, maybe...