Can GameSalad make a game similar to Uncharted

LiberDBellLiberDBell Member Posts: 2

When I say similar to Uncharted, that's just an example. I know GS is a 2D game maker and couldn't do anything close to that. But what about some of the simple stuff in the game? Could you make a player swing from ropes to get from one platform to another with GS? Or could you make a player jump from one platform and instead of landing on the other platform they grab onto it and pull themselves up? Is anything like that possible with GS?

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Yes, there's nothing you mention that would be problematic in GameSalad.

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187
    edited March 2017

You can look at the games on the arcade and featured on Gamesalad to see what it can do.

Your talking uncharted by Naughty Dog probably isn't the best example.
    Im thinking Pitfall for rope swinging action. Can't think of a ledge climbing 2-D game at the moment.

Gamesalad does 2-D side scrolling platformers really well!!!!

http://gamesalad.com/creator/featured-games

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@Toque Catching on ledges in 2D games, think of Prince of Persia.

Absolutely doable!

@pHghost said:

Absolutely doable!

Perfect example. Brøderbund classic.
    GS is great for side scrollers. Building levels like that is going to take some time. Lots of fun and potential there. Find a good game illustrator to make your life easier.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

The original Prince of Persia was so great, spent many hours playing that on my Mac LC II.

edited March 2017

Thanks Liberdbell. I was having a design problem with a game concept but your question helped me with some great options!

"I love it when a plan comes together"
    A-Team

• ericleclairericleclair Member Posts: 10

@pHghost said:

Absolutely doable!

@pHGhost - You just brought back a lot of memories with that one bud. Prince of Persia is the BEST analog side scroller ever created. Hands down! At least for a PC.