Nestor The Nesting Bird, Available FREE on the App Store!

ChechesoftChechesoft Member, PRO Posts: 171

Chechesoft's newest game, Nestor the Nesting Bird, is live on the App Store! Get it FREE:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nestor-the-nesting-bird/id1197721907?ls=1&mt=8

Don't forget to lie a little and leave us a nice review on the app store ;)

Keep Nestor the Nesting Bird laying eggs on the highest nests of the tree. Use your aiming skills to shoot an egg into the nest, let it hatch, and have a new Nestor bird try for the next nest! Don't let those pesky bugs and the unpredictable wind break your egg!

Test your precision and timing in two fun game modes and challenge your friends to reach the highest branch. Keep collecting coins and unlock different types of funny eggs!

-Beautiful and funny 8-bit art style and sound effects
-Two game modes: race again the clock, and unlimited
-42 different egg types to unlock

Comments

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Thats great. Retro. Birds. Pretty well done. Left a review.

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited February 2017
  • imjustmikeimjustmike Member Posts: 450

Game looks great. Any chance of an android version?

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772
  • PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Chechesoft Ha,ha,ha,hah,haaa! :D Nothing like a good laugh on Saturday morning. This is really funny. Kids will love it... I love it. No need for lies on the App Store 5 :star:

• ChechesoftChechesoft Member, PRO Posts: 171

Thanks, hope you have a fun time with it!
    Android Version coming soon!

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

@Chechesoft

Cool!!! Nice fresh twist on the genre.

Sound FX, animations, graphics, presentation are all great!
    Lots of unlockable content as well.
    Gameplay feels really good.

Three suggestions:
    The ads come too often.
    It needs a quirky background tune I think.
    Please try to make it truly a single scene experience to cut out the delay when resetting the scene.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@Hopscotch said:
    Please try to make it truly a single scene experience to cut out the delay when resetting the scene.

100% agree. With a simple game like this, especially when a single playthrough can be quite short, the loading times are not nice!

Love the graphics and overall style!

Now available for free on Google Play too!
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chechesoft.nestor

@Hopscotch said:
    @Chechesoft

Cool!!! Nice fresh twist on the genre.

Sound FX, animations, graphics, presentation are all great!
    Lots of unlockable content as well.
    Gameplay feels really good.

Three suggestions:
    The ads come too often.
    It needs a quirky background tune I think.

-Righ now, the probability of an Ad when restarting is 1/3, meybe for next version I will put it to 1/5...
    -I'm really not sure about that, many people told me so, but some people find already the 8 bit SFX annoying, adding a music could make it worse :pensive:
    -Totally Agree, it will improve the user experience a lot, but that's LOTS of work to be done, maybe in future updates it will be done. For now on, on my future games I'll start developing with 1 scene concept.

Thanks for your insightful suggestions, very much appreciated!

• -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
    edited February 2017
  • pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@Chechesoft said:
    it will improve the user experience a lot, but that's LOTS of work to be done

UX is king. If people find the loading annoying, they will stop playing the game, which means less ad impressions for you. With a game where you can easily die on the first or second move (even with a pretty well-placed shot, you can hit the inner rim, which is usually KO), this is top priority

If you use the GS Scene Merger and @Manto's app for rearranging the elements, it shouldn't really be that much work, to be honest!

On my 6s I don't notice change scene time at all.
    I don't like random timed adds. Every five games would be fine. I don't like video adds with quick death games either. I only use static adds every two minutes.

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Member, PRO Posts: 486

Great game dude.. I thought out was really slick. How long you been using GS? I'm about to release my first game – just waiting on red tape with my tax. Mine took several years.

@monkeyboy simian said:
    Great game dude.. I thought out was really slick. How long you been using GS? I'm about to release my first game – just waiting on red tape with my tax. Mine took several years.

Thanks! I've been using GameSalad for 5 years now. Have developed 5 published games (6 counting a shameless flappy bird clone), and many more unfinished ones.
    This one was finished pretty fast, because it was made using many rules from a prototype from one of my other games, Booger Boing, it was actually the original idea for that game. I just worked in it for a for little more than a month. Using pixel graphic made everything faster too.

I wish I could be so prolific.. This drag and drop stuff 'aint as hard as coding - but it isn't just drag and drop. Hey, what's pixel graphic?

• imjustmikeimjustmike Member Posts: 450

@monkeyboy simian said:
    I wish I could be so prolific.. This drag and drop stuff 'aint as hard as coding - but it isn't just drag and drop. Hey, what's pixel graphic?

He means his artwork is in a pixel style, which is typically quicker to create.

And I hear you about games not being just drag and drop - I've got so many prototypes in built in hours, but the difference between a proof of concept and a full game, with balancing, art work and QA is huge. Still, nice to see people like @Chechesoft are able to bust out a quality looking game like this in a relatively short amount of time.

• kianziackkianziack Member, PRO Posts: 28

Nice Job! kudos!

edited February 2017

Maths is never far away. Like some sadistic creature lurking in the shadows, just waiting to leap out and destroy your mind! By the way @Chechesoft I left a review – it doesn't seem to have appeared :(

edited February 2017

@monkeyboy simian said:
    Maths is never far away. Like some sadistic creature lurking in the shadows, just waiting to leap out and destroy your mind! By the way @Chechesoft I left a review – it doesn't seem to have appeared :(

It sometime takes time for reviews to appear. Thanks a lot, leaving reviews at the store is the most welcomed gift people can give!

• DevirosDeviros Member, PRO Posts: 87

Dude - well done!

OVERALL RATING:
    Overall Rating: Great!

THE GAME
    Nestor the Nesting Bird by Chechesoft is a delightfully odd casual egg-pooping game. There, we said it, and there’s no unsaying it. Apparently you belong to an odd species of bird that survives by climbing trees, not by flying, but by violently launching it’s unborn young from nest to nest. Nestor is challenging to the point of almost-frustration-but-not-quite and is compelling enough to remain on your phone for those quick-play sessions.

You collect coins to change the look of your egg, from skulls to treasure chests, but the coins are more of a bonus, not the goal – the real goal is to try to get a halfway decent high score =D

THE GREAT
    Clean retro styling with simple controls (drag-n-release to send those unborn chicks flying!), and Nestor doesn’t stop there, either. Easy, entirely skill-based gameplay, quick loading times, and only the occasional Mobile Strike interstitial (it seems to randomly decide when to show them) means that your nesting sessions will be fairly accessible and mostly annoyance free.

REPLAYABILITY
    It’s fun. There’s no doubt about that. The game is simple enough, yet somehow still compelling enough, to be something that you’d look to when you need to fill some time.

THE NOT SO GREAT
    Mobile Strike ads. They can’t control them, but every time one of those pops up, you die a little inside. The nests (landing areas for your spawn) are a little tight, meaning that extreme accuracy is key.

OVERALL
    A great game to keep on standby for those times when you need the distraction, but it’s also fun enough to play just because you can!

• goliathgoliath Member Posts: 1,440

LOOKS very nice my friend! I hope this game does well. Please let us know how it performs (download wise). I LOVE the retro feel to it..

@Deviros said:
    Dude - well done!

OVERALL RATING:

THE GAME
    Nestor the Nesting Bird by Chechesoft is a delightfully odd casual egg-pooping game. There, we said it, and there’s no unsaying it. Apparently you belong to an odd species of bird that survives by climbing trees, not by flying, but by violently launching it’s unborn young from nest to nest. Nestor is challenging to the point of almost-frustration-but-not-quite and is compelling enough to remain on your phone for those quick-play sessions.

You collect coins to change the look of your egg, from skulls to treasure chests, but the coins are more of a bonus, not the goal – the real goal is to try to get a halfway decent high score =D

THE GREAT
    Clean retro styling with simple controls (drag-n-release to send those unborn chicks flying!), and Nestor doesn’t stop there, either. Easy, entirely skill-based gameplay, quick loading times, and only the occasional Mobile Strike interstitial (it seems to randomly decide when to show them) means that your nesting sessions will be fairly accessible and mostly annoyance free.

REPLAYABILITY
    It’s fun. There’s no doubt about that. The game is simple enough, yet somehow still compelling enough, to be something that you’d look to when you need to fill some time.

THE NOT SO GREAT
    Mobile Strike ads. They can’t control them, but every time one of those pops up, you die a little inside. The nests (landing areas for your spawn) are a little tight, meaning that extreme accuracy is key.

OVERALL
    A great game to keep on standby for those times when you need the distraction, but it’s also fun enough to play just because you can!

@Deviros said:
    Dude - well done!

OVERALL RATING:

THE GAME

THE GREAT

REPLAYABILITY

THE NOT SO GREAT

OVERALL

WOW! That was an awesome review, Thanks!

edited March 2017

@goliath said:
    LOOKS very nice my friend! I hope this game does well. Please let us know how it performs (download wise). I LOVE the retro feel to it..

Hi, Thanks!
    Well, its surely not a hit. The first 2 days it got about 300, and after 2.5 weeks the game is down to 2-3 daily downloads (Play Store and App Store combined).
    I think is the first game I've published that haven't got any review from a game site (I contacted a few, maybe I haven't try as hard as previous games).
    [*Edit: I got a great review from imadanapp.com, thanks!]
    I Have not done any kind of marketing neither besides my own Facebook pages, and some Forums.

As we know, marketing is as important as developing a playable game, I didn't do my homework :(, I hate marketing!!!!

• DevirosDeviros Member, PRO Posts: 87

@Chechesoft You are welcome!

My son (6 years old)gets very annoyed when he gets enough coins but gets a duplicate prize!

There are lots of prizes. Any way to prevent duplicates?

Or your phone number so he can yell at you about it when I m busy driving.

He wanted me too to pass on this message.
    "Tell your friend to stop doing that".

@Toque said:
    My son (6 years old)gets very annoyed when he gets enough coins but gets a duplicate prize!

There are lots of prizes. Any way to prevent duplicates?

Or your phone number so he can yell at you about it when I m busy driving.

He wanted me too to pass on this message.
    "Tell your friend to stop doing that".

That's awesome, love hearing your 6 yo kid is playing it!!! :smiley:
    Tell your him I'm very sorry for that, and that maybe his dad will purchase the IAP to unlock all the eggs (soon available at $1.99)! :wink:
    :P

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

I thought I had already posted on this but I never! What a cool game this is, best of luck with downloads.

@gingagaming said:
    I thought I had already posted on this but I never! What a cool game this is, best of luck with downloads.

Thanks! have so few downloads that I need all the luck I can get!