I know the answer is "no"

BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

I ask the question anyways.

Is it possible to change the initially loaded screen based on a game state(table or saved attribute) - without having another scene to determine the first loaded scene - ?

Trying to avoid the double loading for a decision making first blank screen.
And the answer to my question is "no".

Comments

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

Thanks for the quick answer, I thought so. Do you know if the loading times for a final blank screen with a determining rule of which scene to load will increase the loading times dramatically?

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

If you drag-change the sequence of scenes in your project for your next game update, it will work. Just be careful that you update any rules that might switch scene by Index.

A blank scene should load MUCH faster. Of course, then you will have the loading when you switch scenes, so overall loading time will go up a little, but not too much, I'd say.

• AdrenalineAdrenaline Member Posts: 523

@BigDave said:
    Best to try out yourself buddy!

Did you just have a forum conversation with yourself? Dave, you might be working a little too hard...

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,051

In case you were wondering why, the loading screen is shown by the OS before the app loads. So no logic is run before the loading screen shows up. While most games use the loading screen for credits, you might notice some apps storing a screenshot of the last screen of the app before closing/backgrounding. The idea is to trick you into thinking the app has instantly loaded and just slow to respond (The Facebook app used to do this, not sure if it still does). So no, we can't offer that options without you loading a scene first.

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Adrenaline said:

@BigDave said:
    Best to try out yourself buddy!

Did you just have a forum conversation with yourself? Dave, you might be working a little too hard...

Yeah, and then he almost flagged himself!