Question about copyright images

Hey Everyone!

I am drawing my character pixel by pixel and it kind of looks like a character that is copyrighted. Ex. Mario (it's not but lets say it is) it will look very similar but drawn by me and the hands and feet will be 100% different. His character movements will be the same (jump, run, duck) and color of the character will have a similar shade. Will I run into any serious problems? This has been bugging me and prevents me from continuing my project. :(

Comments

• quinn221quinn221 Member Posts: 280

Lots of stuff on the net about Avoiding Copyright Infringement. Do a quick search, well worth looking into

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Sometimes I have to step back and ask "why does it look have to like Mario?"

If you have a good answer that's fine.

But it's really cool to come up with something original. Totally different.

There are lots of marios in the App Store without much fuss from myomotto.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@jasonrmohanlall said:
    it kind of looks like a character that is copyrighted

What is kind of? If it looks exactly like the character but just with different feet, than that's not different enough. Why not edit the character even further, to have a unique look?

Why not female? Mary?

Anything else!!!

I say keep marios feet and change the rest.

• jasonrmohanlalljasonrmohanlall Member, PRO Posts: 6

Thank you guys I took everything into consideration I will modify my character even more. and I will do a search on copyright. Thanks again.

• jasonrmohanlalljasonrmohanlall Member, PRO Posts: 6

Mary will be very pretty ahahaa.

• jamie_cjamie_c ImagineLabs.rocks Member, PRO Posts: 5,772

@jasonrmohanlall said:
    Thank you guys I took everything into consideration I will modify my character even more. and I will do a search on copyright. Thanks again.

Have fun with it. Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@jamie_c said:
    There's something about Mary....

Yeah, and don't model your character on Diaz or you'll really hear from lawyers! :D