iPhone users, how to free up more space

imoedddyimoedddy Member Posts: 3

Well, storage is not always enough in nowadays, especially fro those devices with less internal memory.I got an 16G iPhone 6 and find out the games loaded very slowly. Is there anyway to clean the junk files, such as app data, tmp files?

Comments

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187
    edited March 2017

A hard reset frees up some files but I have a feeling someone else will offer a magical solution to the question.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Games loading slowly are mostly a memory thing, not drive storage space.

Bigger games will also load longer, of course.

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672
    edited March 2017

Here's a neat trick that works (well, used to work - just trying it again now).... check your free space. Go to the App Store, find a movie or other huge file (movie's best tho), that's definitely a lot LARGER than your free space on the device - ie. LOTR movie, HD, 6.8GB. If you go through the process of selecting it as if you're going to buy it, (but don't actually buy it etc), iOS tell you that you can't download it due to not having enough space, but tries to run a one-off BG clean once it realised you didn't have enough space, freeing some more up.

Then, just exit... The free space is still freed up.... :smiley:

Link:-

https://cnet.com/uk/how-to/out-of-space-on-your-iphone-try-this-magic-trick-to-free-up-more/

• imoedddyimoedddy Member Posts: 3

@Toque, hard reset is an option but it takes too much time to get the device back to normal.
    @Japster, this is cool. i will test it out. thanks

• TeabaggTeabagg Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2017

Its not necessary. If you feel ur phone is slow then you can try some iphone eraser apps. Like android iphone dont have that much of problems if cache is not cleared. It works smoothly.
    I suggest you try safewiper for iOS to clean your iPhone and free up more space.
    source: https://www.safewiper.com/tutorials/clean-up-junk-files-iphone-ipad-ipod.html

• imoedddyimoedddy Member Posts: 3

@Teabagg said:
    Its not necessary. If you feel ur phone is slow then you can try some iphone eraser apps. Like android iphone dont have that much of problems if cache is not cleared. It works smoothly.
    I suggest you try safewiper for iOS to clean your iPhone and free up more space.
    source: https://www.safewiper.com/tutorials/clean-up-junk-files-iphone-ipad-ipod.html

Did you try it yet? It scans 5G junk files on my iPhone. but it asks me code to activate the program.

I think it's time to close this thread.

@ForumNinja @adent42 @Braydon_SFX

Free up more space simply by updating your iDevice to the latest iOS 10.3 and deleting unnecessary files. Don't download nonsense apps!

@Japster Interesting approach, quite cool.

This discussion has been closed.