Mac Creator Release 1.25.80 is Available

Comments

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

No comment. About the crooked splash screen.

For now I think the suggested work-around is to use a blank splash screen and use your first scene to show any splash screen stuff.

After I get this new expression editor done, I'll take a look and see if there's a quick fix.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@adent42 said:
    After I get this new expression editor done, I'll take a look and see if there's a quick fix.

Thanks for the reply.

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

@adent42 said:
    No comment. About the crooked splash screen.

For now I think the suggested work-around is to use a blank splash screen and use your first scene to show any splash screen stuff.

The problem with that is I have a 25 second load time on Android so a blank screen makes it seem like its stuck!

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

25 seconds seems extreme. How big is your file?

@smurfted said:

35 mb. I have a lot of tables some quite large. Or at least that's the explanation I've been given.

• ValanValan Member, BASIC Posts: 410
    edited February 2017

@fmakawa said:

@smurfted said:

35 mb. I have a lot of tables some quite large. Or at least that's the explanation I've been given.

How many tables?
    In any case, you need to consolidate your files.

@Valan said:
    How many tables?
    In any case, you need to consolidate your files.

about 30. Consolidate how? fussing the tables made them too big and even slower.

WOW! That's tough.
    Sorry, I wasn't being flippant. I had to do something similar but didn't have 30 big tables to consolidate.
    My programmer brother always laughs at my inefficient excel-like tables with lots of empty cells. He suggested adding the table cells as they are needed rather than making the entire table from the get go. I'll try that in my next tables project.

But maybe that may help you a bit.

Maybe work with behaviours like Add Rows, Copy Table.

Hope this helps

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

You could also put a minimal table and load the rest from online via the network behavior?

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@adent42 said:
    You could also put a minimal table and load the rest from online via the network behavior?

How would that work? Would you need to download them every single time? Wouldn't that in effect be slower? Wouldn't that break the game when offline?

And if you wouldn't have to redownload them every single time, wouldn't that put you back to square one, where all the tables are slowing down the initial launch time?

@pHghost I just realized the flaw in my idea. The thought was to have an initial table that's small, but has enough for the first unit of gameplay. Then you'd download the full table in the background and save it.

Unfortunately then you're back to square one on next game load.

Unfortunately, the table library has the bad habit of loading all tables at first load, and not lazily during scene loading, which is what is causing the issue. This also means that breaking up tables into small units wouldn't help (which, if I didn't know the engine, would be the first thing I'd try).

@adent42 said:
    Unfortunately, the table library has the bad habit of loading all tables at first load, and not lazily during scene loading, which is what is causing the issue. This also means that breaking up tables into small units wouldn't help (which, if I didn't know the engine, would be the first thing I'd try).

Good to know this. I'm working on a project which will potentially be very table-reliant.

@fmakawa How many rows/columns do your tables have? 25 seconds is a really long loading time, I have to find a way to avoid that...

@pHghost said:

@fmakawa How many rows/columns do your tables have? 25 seconds is a really long loading time, I have to find a way to avoid that...

They are of varying length. The biggest being 40800 rows and 1 column. There is another with 27 cols and 10000 rows and another 40800 rows and 9 cols and the rest are much much smaller.

@adent42 said:
    @pHghost I just realized the flaw in my idea. The thought was to have an initial table that's small, but has enough for the first unit of gameplay. Then you'd download the full table in the background and save it.

Unfortunately then you're back to square one on next game load.

so no work around then?

Wow...that's over 678000 cells...so over 27000 cells loaded per second for a 25 second loading time.

I should probably have nowhere near as many cells in my project, so I might avoid this issue, luckily, but it would be nice to be able to specify certain tables to be loaded later, the same way you can opt to not pre-load certain actor images.

Are all the cells populated when the game starts?

@Valan said:
    Are all the cells populated when the game starts?

Would that matter? If the type is numeric, they are always auto-populated with a zero. And even a text column, the empty space is a 'value' you can change it to and run logic off of. You still need to load the content of all those cells, even if some report 'empty' as you go along.

And long term, of course, you are going to populate them with game data even if they started out empty, so the problem would surface at some point nonetheless.

If the cells are not populated with game data then start the game with smaller tables(fewer rows) and use the Add/Remove Rows.

If tables use the same initial game data then only one table needs to be full sized. This can be copied to the other tables, and these can have one row as it will get additional rows to hold the copied table data.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

@Valan said:
    If the cells are not populated with game data then start the game with smaller tables(fewer rows) and use the Add/Remove Rows.

If tables use the same initial game data then only one table needs to be full sized. This can be copied to the other tables, and these can have one row as it will get additional rows to hold the copied table data.

Unfortunately they are populated and have a unique data. ah well.

@Valan said:

Those are fair points and there are certainly cases where this comes in really handy. But in most cases this won't help much, unfortunately, because you have tables for one of two reasons:

1. You have a lot of static data you need to access, like dictionary libraries, charactr stat databases, translation tables, etc. Generally, since they are static, you won't be changing them and only need one copy of each, so you still need to have them all there to start with.
    2. Tables that store game data that is saved on playthrough, like level progress, character levels, etc. These you cannot copy over with a static table, since you would lose all data, and their function would thus be obsolete. Adding row only as you need them is a very good practice, but if you'll need the 10 000 rows eventually, the loading time will still be an issue long-term.

@fmakawa said:

@Valan said:

Unfortunately they are populated and have a unique data. ah well.

Ouch!
    Unless you can devise a mathematical data generator.

For instance, I had/have to do x/y positions for calendar dates and rather than having a lot of columns I worked out that I am able to use just one set, and generate the other sets needed from that.

It may not work in every case, (or any of them) but it may reduce the loading time.

This is for relatable numbers, of course, and not normally used for text data.

• scrapee_netscrapee_net Member Posts: 424

Hello.

It is buggy on Mac os 10.10.5

Every time a new gameproj file is opened it asks for login credentials again, even if gamesalad is already open, or even if "automatically sign in at lauch" is checked.

thanks

• msx88msx88 Member, PRO Posts: 27

Has anyone upgraded their Mac OS to the latest Sierra that was released yesterday? I'm itching to upgrade but at the same time I'm wondering if anyone's encountered any issues with GS. Thanks in advance.

• scrapee_netscrapee_net Member Posts: 424

Impossible to use Gamesalad... The sessions keeps going out, and it keep to ask for e-mail and password. This happens every few seconds. I would really appreciate if anyones says something about this problems and about how to solve it.

I even upgraded my mac to Sierra, but it did not solve.

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

@scrapee_net said:
    Impossible to use Gamesalad... The sessions keeps going out, and it keep to ask for e-mail and password. This happens every few seconds. I would really appreciate if anyones says something about this problems and about how to solve it.

I even upgraded my mac to Sierra, but it did not solve.

Did you ask GS directly?

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@graciemilligan said:
    I am a writer of dissertation writing services , I am interested in this game, it is very nice

Where are you maggots coming from?

Go write yourself an obituary! The Grim Reaper is coming for you if you don't get out of here soon.

Hey moderators, who put the GS Forum on the worlds biggest spam list. :rage:

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

@gameiva said:
    This look really extream! Please check out this amazing game and help kids to learn various preschool activities in the most pleasant way!!

Was this made in Gamesalad?

edited April 2017

Deleted: system posted twice while composing and trying to edit. See below.

edited April 2017

@smurfted said:

@gameiva said:

Was this made in Gamesalad?

Unlikely. This peanut @gameiva is part of a crew that was spruiking all sorts of BS and @jonmulchay took down and removed their links. These donkeys are at it again. :s Or one smart arse with multiple GS accounts.

If you see these names Flag them:
    @gameiva @ericleclair @salenabarber1133 @notovutus and @AnaGarcia