My first iOS game "Mini Leap" launched on App Store

msx88msx88 Member, PRO Posts: 27

Hi everyone! I launched my very first game on the App Store.
It’s called “Mini Leap”.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mini-leap/id1222175139?mt=8

I probably should’ve beta tested this a bit more with other people because the feedback I’ve gotten after launch was that the controls are confusing/difficult so I’ll be making an update on this very soon. And I will be continuously making overall improvements on this game, adding more stages and other functionalities. Any feedback from the GS community is welcome.

I think all in all, this was a great learning experience getting my first game out. Thank you for answering my questions when I ran into problems and a special thanks to @Thunder_Child for making the submission video on Youtube, it helped me so much!

Here are some promo codes and I will provide more of these periodically.

FWEF4YALYFKK

K4R6WJ47AWEX

XYPFXEJRAT6E

E4YLT3TA7E4H

YHE4NE6M4KNY

Thank you!
Jimmy

Comments

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Lots of love there. I like the story effect. Some polish. Clean lines. Blinking city lights. Controls are ok. A quick demo would help but controls are pretty simple so quick to figure out.

Seems a touch slow. Better death effect. Maybe a little trail behind him.......

Nice.

• msx88msx88 Member, PRO Posts: 27

Thanks for your kind words @Toque
    I will definitely consider your feedback in my next update. :)

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

I'm not sure I understand the story mode.

Normally that would mean a set sequence of levels. The way it is now, the first level is always the same, but the second one is always random. Also, if you die in the second one, you have to start from the beginning of the first (no checkpoint), which is very annoying!

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

@pHghost said:
    I'm not sure I understand the story mode.

Normally that would mean a set sequence of levels. The way it is now, the first level is always the same, but the second one is always random. Also, if you die in the second one, you have to start from the beginning of the first (no checkpoint), which is very annoying!

Checkpoints!! Yes!!!

@pHghost I think you make a great point. I'm considering changing the "Story Mode" to "Challenge Mode" instead and be really clear about what the objective is...which is to collect 180 coins. I think there is some confusion amongst players that think this is sequential but it's not meant to be. I purposely made the stages to be random so that each game play is not the same.

As for the first level, I think I need to rethink the logic of this stage.

Thanks for your valuable feedback, I really do appreciate it. :smiley:

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

People expect from a story mode an easier start and then growing difficulty while they learn. So Challenge Mode is a more precise name.

What is the difference between the two modes, BTW? If it's only an unlimited run in one and a 180 coin limit in the other, they are basically the same, since reaching 180 is very hard, so you will probably have the same play experience with both.

How about letting the player keep the coins and then using them in a game shop to buy new characters or something similar?

@pHghost said:
    since reaching 180 is very hard, so you will probably have the same play experience with both.

Very good point. Thanks for your insight.

Additional promo codes below:

RYA99E6RHNA3

64X3EJRKMF4K

MAPXLAPP9EXJ

3FTMKMN4T9HK

HFLP3XHJW6RA

Any feedback is welcome! :)
    Thanks,
    Jimmy