Make an app over a game

BaccardaBaccarda Member Posts: 122

Hi everyone! ;)

Is it possible to make an app over a game? For an example if there is game, which is not mine, and i would like to make an app which would allow players who are playing that game to send a short voice message to the opponent which also has the app. If it is possible, then would there be any restrictions for me? Would i need a special permission from game owners?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

I'm afraid this isn't even vaguely possible with GameSalad. I'd be shocked if it was possible with any game-making/app-making kit.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited April 2017

@Armelline said:
    I'm afraid this isn't even vaguely possible with GameSalad. I'd be shocked if it was possible with any game-making/app-making kit.

Button opens URL, URL reveals address, record message on cassette, post to address.

Just need to think outside the box.

• BaccardaBaccarda Member Posts: 122

Users should register with the same username as in the game, so that the app could recognize the opponent and send the message if all values are true.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

@Baccarda said:
    Users should register with the same username as in the game, so that the app could recognize the opponent and send the message if all values are true.

You cannot see what games are on a person's phone. You cannot see what usernames are used in other games. You cannot record voice. You cannot send sounds.

I'm sorry but this is an absolute, flat no. No matter how much thinking outside the box you do ;)

edited April 2017

@Armelline said:

@Baccarda said:

You cannot see what games are on a person's phone. You cannot see what usernames are used in other games. You cannot record voice. You cannot send sounds.

I'm sorry but this is an absolute, flat no. No matter how much thinking outside the box you do ;)

But as this is an offtopic conversation, would it be possible to do it with other engines?

It would just require to read the opponents username in game and check username on the app. If it matches then user is able to send a message.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

No, simply not technically possible. Not in GameSalad, not in any other engine. To the extent that you are suggesting, not even if you code it yourself.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@pHghost said:
    No, simply not technically possible. Not in GameSalad, not in any other engine. To the extent that you are suggesting, not even if you code it yourself.

Yep, and it it were possible there would be all sorts of legal/privacy issues to navigate.

@Socks said:

@pHghost said:

Yep, and it it were possible there would be all sorts of legal/privacy issues to navigate.

The privacy stuff was the main thing, that i was worried about.
    That thought just does not go away that it is possible to make it. There just has to be away around it. :/

Well basically it would be like a team speak app to a game just only allowing a user to send a shorter message.

• imjustmikeimjustmike Member Posts: 450

I can't think of any engines that do this out of the box, and to gain access to a username in a game I'm pretty sure that game would have to have some sort of api

But would it be at least possible to make an app which runs on top of a game? Something like a screen recorder's menu on top of a game to record the gameplay.

• imjustmikeimjustmike Member Posts: 450

I don't believe iOS has that functionality, probably on purpose. You can do it with video players, such as YouTube, but I believe that's one of the only use-cases. I may be completely wrong though