Developer Identity

Who knows what the developer identity is or where to find it?
This is the error i keep getting,

No provisioning profiles found
A provisioning profile with matching developer identity is required to publish iPhone games.

I've made new certs and provisioning profiles i don't know how many times now, made a new MAC user account restarted my computer, I've tried all these things I've read or been suggested but none of which has told me what and where the developer identity is. So where can i find this because this seems to pretty clearly be the issue.

Comments

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Did you download and install the Certificates on you computer? Into your keychain?

• grahameckersleygrahameckersley Member Posts: 81

Yip downloaded and double clicked those suckers in, going through the cookbook instructions and with thunderchilds tutorials.
    I found on google that it seems to sugest the developer identity is the iTunes login but how can I make the name of that match a provisioning profile name when there meant to be named development/store/adhoc

edited April 2017

Nope. Your identity is baked into the Certificates. The login you only use to log into the Developer Portal. The certificate had to be generated on the same machine and account. If you changed any of those, you need to generate a new one.

If you cannot get it to work right now, I'd recommend deleting the certificates from the Keychain and starting from the get-go. Make sure you have the newest version of Xcode.

I recently wrote out the process in this thread: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/comment/595668/#Comment_595668

You can follow along and hopefully it will sort you out!

Thanks @pHghost yea i saw some people where reinstalling xcode so i done that last night and ill jump on to you're link now, thanks

Cool! Let me know if there are any hiccups!

Thanks @pHghost I've got it done It's sent away for review thankyou! Turns out the step i was missing there is i hadn't signed into xcode, I'm new to apple and xcode and wasn't aware that it was something that you sign into so you can do all the other stuff but if you're not signed in when it comes to publishing it won't work. I looked for it after i saw you write about going to you're xcode account

Great! Yes, the Provisioning Profiles are managed automatically by Xcode and you need to be logged in! Perfect!

Best of luck with your game release!

@pHghost do you know where i can find a tutorial on testflight? i've submitted for review but i keep getting knocked back because my buy button isn't working something in there is set up wrong, and i can't find where the submit to testflight button is. I found one tutorial but its old and the layout has changed

Sorry i should say how do i update a testflight version