Is this functionality possible...

I am new to this platform and before I embark on using gamesalad I'm wondering if the following functionality is possible. Any help would be appreciated. Apologies if this has been answered before.

1. My game relies on collecting and keeping an inventory of items (keys) as the game goes along. The player can only progress if a certain key opens a certain lock (for example a red key opens a red lock). The game must also keep track of which inventory items the player carries. An in game example would be dragging an object (key in this case) and when it touches the lock the lock object image transforms to lock with a key in it allowing a door or some other functionality to occur.

2. Further in the game a player must solve puzzle either by sliders or punching in button sequence or some other manipulation of objects to progress.

All the while the game is keeping track of the players achievements so the player can progress..

1. As to the inventory items I am tracking can one be used in combination with another. Such as a collected
    magnifying glass object to look at a smaller piece of paper object that can only be seen with the magnifying glass to reveal a clue.

Thank you,

Comments

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Keeping inventory during the game is quite easy. Offline you will need a service.
    Button,dragging objects, locks, puzzles, sliders, punching button all easy.

The magnifying "effect" is possible. There is no direct magnify behaviour so you will have to find an indirect way to do it.

Just have a look at the GameSalad link to games and that will give you an idea of what it can do.

I think the Grissly Manor game might be good to look at.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

1) Yes, very straightforward.
    2) Yes, very straightforward.
    1) Yes, very straightforward.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I don't usually start by recommending a template, especially my own, but you might consider this since it's nearly identical to what you just described:

http://gshelper.com/product/inventory-system-template/

Watch the video before you decide if you need it.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User