Making a splash page that doesn't interfere with the game

PixelGamingPixelGaming Member, PRO Posts: 19

Okay so I created a splash page just to display our logo. The issue we are having is when you "die/crash" the game is set to restart. using the behavior "reset game". When this happens, it takes you all the way back to the first scene which includes the splash page.

How can we stop the game from returning to the first scene after you crash.

*FYI: we set the behavior to if you crash, the scene changes. When we did that, it just made a mess and all the actors stayed on the screen and the game really never restarted.

thank you

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

If you have a splash page and you don't want people to see it again, then you can't use Reset Game. You'll need to Change Scene or Reset Scene and manually reset the values of any necessary game attributes. The actors should reset or respawn with that method.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• PixelGamingPixelGaming Member, PRO Posts: 19

@tatiang said:
    If you have a splash page and you don't want people to see it again, then you can't use Reset Game. You'll need to Change Scene or Reset Scene and manually reset the values of any necessary game attributes. The actors should reset or respawn with that method.

thank you, so basically I'm gonna have to restructure everything so I can have a splash page lol.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

@PixelGaming said:
    thank you, so basically I'm gonna have to restructure everything so I can have a splash page lol.

Is there any reason the built-in splash screen isn't sufficient? All games have an initial load where you can display a static splash screen. If you're adding one in as well, you're going to end up with two.

@Armelline said:

@PixelGaming said:

Is there any reason the built-in splash screen isn't sufficient? All games have an initial load where you can display a static splash screen. If you're adding one in as well, you're going to end up with two.

I did not know this lol, this is our first app. so we didn't know that a splash page is included. How do we edit/access the splash page? We don't have pro version yet but will in a couple of days

@PixelGaming said:
    I did not know this lol, this is our first app. so we didn't know that a splash page is included. How do we edit/access the splash page? We don't have pro version yet but will in a couple of days

It's added as part of the publishing process - when you hit the "Publish" button it takes you to a GameSalad web page where you fill in various bits of publishing information, including the splash screen.

• vikingviking Member, PRO Posts: 322

Unless you are publishing on iPhone because the iPhone version of the splash screen is broken at the moment.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@viking said:
    Unless you are publishing on iPhone because the iPhone version of the splash screen is broken at the moment.

Depends on the game. Supposedly it doesn't happen on portrait games. And I actually haven't seen it at all yet on Get Me Outta Here!

okay thank you, when we go and publish our game we will see what happens. thanks!

@viking said:

I've yet to see this bug on iPhone, guess I've been lucky!