Tables are resetting in preview mode.

DarthGabrielDarthGabriel Member, PRO Posts: 3

I have a question. When I save my tables and then click reset at top of the screen in preview mode, all my table information is reset instead of being saved. Yes I have tried save table and save attribute and I have followed other simpler tutorials I saw on Youtube. I am using gamesalad on a pc and have a pro membership.

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Hitting reset will reset everything (a player will not be able to reset the game like this).

• DarthGabrielDarthGabriel Member, PRO Posts: 3

Shouldn't that information be saved so when they come back in all their achievements be saved. In preview mode this should be working.

@DarthGabriel said:
    Shouldn't that information be saved so when they come back in all their achievements be saved.

Yes, the information is saved.

@DarthGabriel said:
    In preview mode this should be working.

By pressing reset you leave/restart the preview.

• DarthGabrielDarthGabriel Member, PRO Posts: 3

Yes but the information is not being loaded after I press the restart button.

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672

I think I know what you mean - when I was testing achievement, IAP logic, etc in Catflap (on Mac Creator), I used the preview, and reset the project (instead of clicking back to stop it fully), and I'm pretty sure it kept the settings and saved tables and attributes that were also 'save'd, despite resetting the actual project? - I was under the impression that this should work as @DarthGabriel expects?

Am I mistaken?

@DarthGabriel said:
    Yes but the information is not being loaded after I press the restart button.

By pressing reset you leave/restart the preview, which will reset everything including attributes, saved tables and so on.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

@Socks said:
    Hitting reset will reset everything (a player will not be able to reset the game like this).

No, it shouldn't. If you hit reset, it should be like killing the app on the phone and then opening it again. Saved tables should not be reset.

Sounds like @DarthGabriel is not properly saving the table.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Yes the reset in preview acts like resetting the app , the save should work , I think its your logic , it works fine with me