multiplayer are working?

CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 521

Sorry if de question is to obvious, but I am was out of developing for a long time.
Now I was planned return and I would like make some small turn based multiplayer game.
In the current version of GS, this functions are operatives?
There are any multiplayer game developed in GS published?
Should I consider something before I start?

Thanks

Comments

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

Im not aware of any turn based game made with GameSalad ever to be released. A few were made but due to GameSalad not fixing bugs in the Multiplayer system, none were ever released. If one day this changes, @The_Gamesalad_Guru will be the first to release his. Im confident, his will always be the first to be released as its just sat waiting for the fixes to the engine.

The only thing that was good to come out of GameSalads multiplayer stab in the dark are @Hopscotch and @jonmulcahy efforts with server work. Both worth a mention and a great lot of work has brought server based services like cross platform leaderboards, user feedback, game data sharing and a whole lot more. But sadly turn based multiplayer still hasn't made it this far. Maybe a nudge to Appformitive for community members may help this move along...

• CasualEvolutionCasualEvolution Member, PRO Posts: 521

@gingagaming said:
    Im not aware of any turn based game made with GameSalad ever to be released. A few were made but due to GameSalad not fixing bugs in the Multiplayer system, none were ever released. If one day this changes, @The_Gamesalad_Guru will be the first to release his. Im confident, his will always be the first to be released as its just sat waiting for the fixes to the engine.

Hi @gingagaming which is this bug? is there any workaround? :)
    Maybe any previous GS version that not have this bug and can be used, sacrificing some functionality?

The only thing that was good to come out of GameSalads multiplayer stab in the dark are @Hopscotch and @jonmulcahy efforts with server work. Both worth a mention and a great lot of work has brought server based services like cross platform leaderboards, user feedback, game data sharing and a whole lot more. But sadly turn based multiplayer still hasn't made it this far. Maybe a nudge to Appformitive for community members may help this move along...

I understand, but if the @Hopscotch service is working, so I assume that some part of the multiplayer functions is operational?

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Gamesalads multiplayer was never implimented in the publishing system. It is imposible to publish the game even if you create it with an older version. It's a solid dead end. Creating a multiplayer is very complex. Some are now experimenting with game spark. In my opinion without the embeded calls and functions that the GS version provided, the work is daunting. If you are serious about multiplayer another game development tool, with multiplayer options, would be less work.