PSA: Beta test your game!!

I just wanted to take a moment and share my recent experience with beta testing my newest game Stolen Thunder. I've been
using TestFlight to test my games on device for years now and its a great way to test performance and real world use.

For this game I took it a step further and opened an external beta to friends, old coworkers, and forums like this one. I can't tell you how many super valuable pieces of feedback I got from people who took the time to test the game. From gameplay bugs to hard-to-understand game mechanics, there are so many things that can get out of your radar when you are working on your own. I strongly encourage you to open up your game to others. A new perspective is always valuable! I'm about a week or so away from release and I couldn't be more excited!

Also, if you are interested in joining the beta test you join here

• Jason

Comments

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Have been testing for awhile now. Fantastic game.

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672

Joined your Beta test @jasonnowak ! :smiley: If you (or anyone else!) fancies doing the same for Parcel Monkey, just drop me your email address! :wink:

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@Japster said:
    Joined your Beta test @jasonnowak ! :smiley: If you (or anyone else!) fancies doing the same for Parcel Monkey, just drop me your email address! :wink:

Maybe create a thread for it, with some screenshots or something, to get people excited!

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672

@pHghost said:

@Japster said:

Maybe create a thread for it, with some screenshots or something, to get people excited!

Good point, cheers @pHghost ! - I never actually thought about it until I saw @jasonnowak 's thread, extolling the virtues/benefits - I'm currently working flat out in Munich until at least Sunday, so I'll try and put together a teaser/taster then! :smile: To be fair, I don't think it's quite beta-ready, too much to go in I think, but it plays a full game, and after last week's blast on it, I think it's close enough to start getting some feedback! :smiley: @Toque 's kindly already tried it out and fed back to me with some GREAT feedback/advice from a player standpoint, so strengthens what @jasonnowak is advising!

Cheers!