Bug in gamesalad

SEMASEMA Member Posts: 161

hey there,
I am having a problem with a scene, the hero is set to get destroyed if it collides with tag obstacles. On level 1 scene the hero does not detect collision with the tags and in another scene with (same attributes,rules) it does detect collision. It took me a lot of time to do the level now it doesn't work.

Comments

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069
    edited May 2017

I would suggest checking layer ordering. Try looking at the layers on the working scene and then move the actors involved around on the broken scene, so they match the layer ordering from that one. Even just the actors being ahead or behind can mess with things sometimes. @SEMA

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• SEMASEMA Member Posts: 161

@AlchimiaStudios I will give it a try and see if it works

Still not working :neutral: :disappointed:

• jasonnowakjasonnowak Member Posts: 67

I've had weird issues like that in the past too. One workaround that's worked for me is adding a delay before detecting collisions. Put them inside a rule "actor.time" > .1 seconds. It's worked for me.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485
    edited May 2017

Try ticking better collisions (might work) and make sure the actor is locked on both scenes

Still nothing working the hero just passes through the obstacles without anything happening. The strange thing is that it only happens in that specific scene.

It is like if the tag(obstacles) was removed for that scene

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069
    edited May 2017

What are you using for movement? Interpolate, move, accelerate, or constraining/changing X or Y values of some sort?

Follow us: Twitter - Website

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

He opened a support ticket and we've found the issue. :)

Thank you @Braydon_SFX I will start working on the project again