Best way to create an animation in seperate PNG files

All,

In peoples experience of creating animations.

Im trying to create an animation of a face smiling and eyes opening at the same time.

I can do this in Photoshop in loads of different layers and separate saved .PNG files.

Im just wondering if their is a quicker more efficient way of creating an animation into separate .PNG files.

All help appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• rainwaterstudiosrainwaterstudios Member Posts: 198

I create most of my animations in Photoshop; I assign each frame to a layer, named sequentially, then choose 'File > Export > Layers to Files' which will export the layers to images (I use .PNG's). Navigate to the folder you exported the layers to, sort them by name, select all files and drag them into the logic area of an actor.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

I don't know how you animate with photoshop , its quite hard and annoying. I use adobe animate (flash) for vector art animation , it exports png sequence, its great for animation and easy to use. If your doing pixel art , try pyxelEdit / aseprite/ piskelapp they all export png sequence and are easy to use.

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

I generally export my animations as video and then bring them in Apple Motion. You can then export them out of motion as PNGs. You can probably do this with Adobe After Effects. You just have to make sure you use a codec that supports the alpha channel.