iOS vs. Android

m.b.m.b. Member Posts: 21

Hello Everyone,

I have a question.

My game is finally available on the App Store and Google Play.

Now, on iPhone/iPad it's pretty fast and runs smoothly, however on android devices it's a bit laggy.

It's a puzzle game and has over 2000 constrains (I know is a lot), but still, why is it fast on iPhones and not on android devices?

Has it anything to do with the way GameSalad generates the code for iOS and Android?

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@bnd said:
    It's a puzzle game and has over 2000 constrains . . .

• m.b.m.b. Member Posts: 21
    edited June 2017

@Socks said:

Yes, I know. But it's actually not bad, it's pretty fast.
    I didn't know of another way to do it.

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

I've read a few times about android device lag on here. That's a lot of constrains. Could be a GS thing or a android device performance thing.

@Toque said:
    I've read a few times about android device lag on here. That's a lot of constrains. Could be a GS thing or a android device performance thing.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm thinking it must be a GS thing because it's the same file for both platforms.
    And I've tried it on pretty powerful android devices and I still get some lag, whereas on iPhones there are no issues.

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited June 2017

wow most constraint attributes i had running at once in one scene ever was like 4.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485
    edited June 2017

Few members including myself complained about android lag many times before but it mainly happens on older devices. This began after build 1.25 , and the answer i got in the forums was that it is related to delta time and the way it deals with frames. Simple projects can sometimes lag/stutter for no reason and in specific android devices, even if you contact gs they will not be able to reproduce the issue and nothing will happen. Try to optimise your code as much as possible. I don't know if you meant 2000 constrains running at the same time , but if they are , then thats way too much.

@BigDave said:

>

You have some great games, I'll definitely check them out.

@Icebox said:

No, they are not running all at the same time :) Probably max at once around 300.

Here's a link to the game:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fliptate/id1236465217
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=maja.fliptate

• SEMASEMA Member Posts: 161

The game is really nice, but yes there is a bit of lag on android.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

300 at once i'm surprised it runs well on ios! I just gave it a test on samsung galaxy s7 and samsung grand prime compared them with ipad 3 and iphone 5s , they play the same with no lag. There are many android devices out there so its hard to determine which device produces the issue, i think your best choice is to reduce or limit the calculations that happen at once. Good luck with the downloads your game is nice ! :)

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Yeah no lag on my 6s.
    Nice game. On start I would have all letters in title rotated and then quickly they all rotate to reveal fliptate.

Thank you all so much. I appreciate it.

I guess I'm gonna have to figure something out to optimize it a bit more for android.

• NalseryNalsery Member Posts: 2

I don't like comparing android and apple phones because they have different devices and have different functions in many ways.Most importantly,Most importantly, they correspond to different users.such as the Android for people's life , and the iPhone for people's work , and user can sync the different devices ,

• ZwireZwire Member, PRO Posts: 179

Sorry m.b., but on my samsung s6 the game does not work. I can tap or double tap 10 times and the tiles wont rotate.

Am I doing something wrong or is it broken?

• NalseryNalsery Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2018

@Nalsery said:
    I don't like comparing android and apple phones because they have different devices and have different functions in many ways,Most importantly, they correspond to different users.such as the Android for people's life , and the iPhone for people's work , and user can sync the different devices ,

I don't think users need to spend too much money on a phone with no special features.

• smurftedsmurfted Member, PRO Posts: 570

Even on fast android devices game don't run as fast as on apple. Its not the devices its the way GS compiles the code...