Move actor after destroying a different actor?

Hi everyone, I am new to GameSalad and trying to fumble my way slowly through it all. I have watched a few videos and read the manual (once). I am now trying to get familiar with the game and I think I have some of the basics down however, I am trying to figure out the best way to move an actor after another actor has been destroyed. I am thinking it might have to do with constrain attribute, but constrain attribute might be over my head a bit for the moment. Any insight could be helpful.

Comments

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

I would make game Boolean attribute. "Die and move. "

Whatever rule triggers the actors death I would add behavior. Change attribute "die and move" to true.

In the actor you want to move I would add rule.

If game attribute "die and move" is true
    Move actor. I

• AshenshugurAshenshugur Member Posts: 4

Ah okay, so a true false statement. That might be a good idea. Thanks, going to mess around with Boolean attributes for a few hours now.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Hopefully not a few hours since @Toque just explained how to do it. ;)

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

edited June 2017

Well, I am terrible at learning, so still going to be a few more hours before I nail it down. Working on trying to figure out how to change attribute "die and move" to true. But, I will fumble with it a bit more before I feel like I need help. So far I can click the box next to the game rule "die and move" to make the actor I want to move actually move. However applying it to move after I destroy the other actor is taking a bit of time.

edit: I figured out the problem... I capitalized True instead of lowercase. It is always the little things that trip me up. :D

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Ah, good catch. If you have any questions, just ask.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

@Ashenshugur said:
    Wel
    edit: I figured out the problem... I capitalized True instead of lowercase. It is always the little things that trip me up. :D

GS should recognize that or not accept invalid entries. Not your fault.

@tatiang said:
    Ah, good catch. If you have any questions, just ask.

I m sure over the next few week/months/years I will have plenty of questions. Will try to help others as I go too. But there is a lot for me to learn still. I might be trying to create something far bigger than I should, but it is the only way to learn.