Make a lightning effect

SEMASEMA Member Posts: 161

I want to make a lightning effect. Need some help because I am lost.

Comments

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

I think using the animation behaviour with a series of lighting PNG would be your best bet.

• SEMASEMA Member Posts: 161

I was trying to make every instance of lightning random(like real lightning) not using repetitive animations. Like create the lightning with gamesalad

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

@SEMA said:
    I was trying to make every instance of lightning random(like real lightning) not using repetitive animations. Like create the lightning with gamesalad

I don't think you'll be able to replicate that look with the available tools and behaviors in GameSalad. Your best bet, like @Toque mentioned, is to use the animation behavior. Perhaps have several different versions of Lightning animations and randomly choose one to play.

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Here's one approach (demo attached), it's very rough, but if you play around with it you might be able to achieve what you need . . . click anywhere on the screen to spawn a lightening strike.

@socks Looks like it will help, I will play around and see what I can do. Thanks

Is there a way to make them go to a specific X position?

• -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313

Inside the 'click to spawn' actor change the spawn positions