Super Color Cannon [iOS/Android]

birdboybirdboy Member Posts: 284
edited June 2017 in Announce Your Game!

Hey Salads,

a small arcade game that I've been working on for the last few months is finally released. Actually it already was released last week on iOS but I didn't want to post before the Android version was ready. Originally I tried to make a game in less than two weeks but of course that didn't work out at all. So here it is: Super Color Cannon! Let me know what you think about it, all feedback is highly appreciated (and if you find some time feel free to leave an honest review)! :)

AppStore
Google Play

!

Some more Information can be found on my website.

Cheers!

Comments

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Rated on android and wow ! This is awesome , polished graphics , amazing soundtrack , smooth and fun gameplay , amazing effects , everything is great i love it , i hope this gets featured .

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Wow !! Looks really pretty damn good ! The screen bounce, the lighting, the recoil, the frame-tight timing and the effects all look amazing !! I will be downloading this later tonight !! B)

"leave an honest review"

The one thing I really don't like is the jauntily angled, brightly coloured font on the promo screenshots ("Stylish, Easy to learn, Non-stop action" . . . ), I know it's not game content, but it looks really out of keeping with the super-cool, confident and understated graphics and colour palette of the game itself.

Just realised that all three reactions so far - from BigDave, IceBox and myself all open with a (deserved) 'wow!' . . . . :)

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Socks said:
    Just realised that all three reactions so far - from BigDave, IceBox and myself all open with a (deserved) 'wow!' . . . . :)

Pow! ... just to be different.

Let's hope it shoots to the top of the charts and is a big hit. :D

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

Woot! Well done! The attention to detail, even on menu and background, is impressive.

• birdboybirdboy Member Posts: 284
    edited June 2017

@BigDave Thanks man!

@Icebox Wow, thank you! Happy to hear all of this.

@PhilipCC That would be lovely but I think that requires an unreasonable amount of luck. :smiley:
    (Plus on Android I think there's now way you could get a feature without using Google Play Service in a game that's about achieving highscores. I wish we would finally get support for that ...)

@Hopscotch Thanks! That stuff is the reason why my games usually take three times longer than planned. :tired_face:

@Socks Thank you! I'm really bad at this 'screenshot editing with promotional blargh that somehow has to stand out from the rest'-stuff. Had a few iterations but in the end this was the only one that looked kinda acceptable. I just wanted to get this game out at some point so I stopped thinking about it. :disappointed:

• -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
    edited June 2017

@birdboy said:
    @Socks Thank you! I'm really bad at this 'screenshot editing with promotional blargh that somehow has to stand out from the rest'-stuff. Had a few iterations but in the end this was the only one that looked kinda acceptable. I just wanted to get this game out at some point so I stopped thinking about it. :disappointed:

It's not terrible by any stretch of the imagination, I just don't think it's in keeping with the rest of the look, but like you say it's not an easy task getting something to stand out.

Got a chance to download the game itself, it's excellent !! :) Love the synthwave-y soundtrack too :) (where did you get it from?), like Hopscotch says, amazing attention to detail. Hope it gets some attention.

• GreenfroggGamesGreenfroggGames Member Posts: 224

Nice game!

• AdrenalineAdrenaline Member Posts: 523

Everything about this is beautiful

edited June 2017

@-Timo- Thank you! Praying to all 7 gods of luck right now.

@GreenfroggGames Thanks!

@Adrenaline Happy to hear that, thank you! :)

@Socks Here's a link to the music. I get almost all of my music and sounds from Audiojungle. Usually I then alter them to fit into the game, for example the music in the menus is a slowed down excerpt from the original song while the game music is the full song with a sliding time scale effect applied so it gets faster the longer you play.

edited June 2017

@birdboy said:
    @Socks Here's a link to the music. I get almost all of my music and sounds from Audiojungle. Usually I then alter them to fit into the game, for example the music in the menus is a slowed down excerpt from the original song while the game music is the full song with a sliding time scale effect applied so it gets faster the longer you play.

Cheers ! Slowed down it really sounds like a Synthwave track ! Works really well.

• YeezyHypeBeastYeezyHypeBeast Member Posts: 60

Super fun game! Best gamesalad game I've played in a while. Even the ads make me smile. But the only issue I am having is that the barrel and the core aren't saving. When I shut the game off and turn it back on, the barrel and core go back the original. But in the core and barrel selection menu, my most recently unlocked are still selected

edited June 2017

@YeezyHypeBeast said:
    Super fun game! Best gamesalad game I've played in a while. Even the ads make me smile. But the only issue I am having is that the barrel and the core aren't saving. When I shut the game off and turn it back on, the barrel and core go back the original. But in the core and barrel selection menu, my most recently unlocked are still selected

Wow, that sound's like a really stupid oversight. Will check this out early tomorrow morning, it's way too late now. Thank you for pointing it out and for the kind words! :)

edited June 2017

I played alot , got 11 achievments feels so rewarding but the remaining 4 are just way too hard for me :D been trying the past 3 hours i cant get it right. ( rage quit as usual xD ). Im really enjoying this one great job !

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672

Downloaded and will play later! - looks excellent, very polished!

There is also one bug that happens on all gamesalad games i downloaded , Chartboost works on all my android devices only once , and then ads never pop back even if i shut down the game . For some reason no one talked about the issue , but this only happens with gamesalad games. So im sure its not related to where i live. Anyway this is not related to your game alone , but just wanted to inform you if you noticed that your getting more impressions from admob than chartboost , this might be the reason.

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

@birdboy I love your stuff and this is great! I love the artwork effects and the attention to detail! Left a review on Google Play and I really really hope downloads work for you!

edited June 2017

@Icebox Wonderful, as if making commercial games for Android with GameSalad right now wasn't hard enough. I hope they'll tackle all the issues and the lack of Google Play Services very soon...
    That said - wow, you're already far into the game I see. It's always hard to judge the difficulty of your own games, I'm at a point where I can reach x9 whenever I want. Wouldn't have thought that it would be so hard that you'd need hours of training. But then again the last upgrade is overpowered, so gating it behind a bit of training feels fine. :D

@Japster Thank you! Hope you'll enjoy it.

@fmakawa Thank you very much! Happy to hear that you like my stuff. :)

On Android in apps should now work correctly and your skin choices should be loaded correctly on app start. The iOS update is in review and will take a day or so.

• SEMASEMA Member Posts: 161

Everything is well crafted. really nice game. Awesome job. Will leave a 5 star <3

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Fantastic! It's not very often you see GameSalad games like this where the attention to detail is so obviously considered by the developer. Great job!!

• YeezyHypeBeastYeezyHypeBeast Member Posts: 60

New bug haha. This might sound a little nerdy, but right when I get to multiplier x10 the game crashes!

• LunadomeLunadome Member, BASIC Posts: 12

Gave it a 5 star on play store. Impressive. I've only just started with gamesalad but seeing projects like this only motivate me more to start working on something! Great game you've made looks beautiful, takes some mastering but addictive. Well done!

@SEMA Thank you!

@Braydon_SFX Thanks! Takes a lot of time but in the end I always feel like it's worth to go the extra mile.

@Lunadome Happy to hear that my work feels motivating to you! That's one of the biggest compliments I can imagine as a creator. :)

@YeezyHypeBeast Spent the day hunting down this stupid bug. Massive oversight that might have sneaked in last minute. Thank you for bringing it up. Should be fixed on Android now and on iOS once again I'll have to wait for Apple's approvement.

Score 150 without increasing your multiplier to 2x .. The last upgrade makes it much harder , why do you do this ? :) give me a choice to switch it on and off :p

edited June 2017

@Icebox said:
    Score 150 without increasing your multiplier to 2x .. The last upgrade makes it much harder , why do you do this ? :) give me a choice to switch it on and off :p

Fixed in the latest version (1.1.3). The multiplier boost starts as soon as you reach x2. ;)

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239

also rated the android version 5 stars. I got both of you games now installed.