'Insert Coin' (free music for you)

SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Here's a tune I made recently (attached below) but it didn't get used for its intended purpose, so if anyone wants to use it feel free (better than ending up in the bin).

It's a sort of 80s, bleepy, cheesy, 8-bit thing, sounds like it's been recorded off the radio to cassette and then left on the dashboard of hot car in the sun to warp.

Might work for a Mikey Hooks / 8bit platformer or something like that, hope it's some use to someone.

Comments

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672

@Socks said:
    Here's a tune I made recently (attached below) but it didn't get used for its intended purpose, so if anyone wants to use it feel free (better than ending up in the bin).

It's a sort of 80s, bleepy, cheesy, 8-bit thing, sounds like it's been recorded off the radio to cassette and then left on the dashboard of hot car in the sun to warp.

Might work for a Mikey Hooks / 8bit platformer or something like that, hope it's some use to someone.

That's really cool @Socks - cheers for the share!

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

@Japster said:
    That's really cool @Socks - cheers for the share!

Thanks Japster ! :)

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782
  • IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

You program , draw and make music :)! I'll add it to Sock's folder along with all your demos :D Thanks for sharing

• iraqiraqiraqiraq iraq baghdad , muslimMember Posts: 89

good very thnx

edited June 2017

@Hopscotch said:
    I guess that is what a game made by David Bowie would have sounded like?

I think he actually made a video game ! Hold on I'll see if I can dig it up . . .

EDIT . . it was 'Omikron', Bowie wrote the music and got involved in some elements of the game design too.

@Icebox said:
    You program , draw and make music :)!

I'm also an accomplished sword fencer, a qualified vet, a national level 100m sprinter, a Michelin-starred chef and an RAF test pilot*

*Actually some** of those might not be true.

(**where I wrote 'some' I should have written 'all')

@iraqiraq said:
    good very thnx

Cheers iraqiraq ! :)

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390
    edited June 2017

@Socks said:

@Icebox said:
    You program , draw and make music :)!

I'm also an accomplished sword fencer, a qualified vet, a national level 100m sprinter, a Michelin-starred chef and an RAF test pilot*

You forgot "wino". :dizzy:

(It takes one to know one.)

@PhilipCC said:
    You forgot "wino". :dizzy:

(It takes one to know one.)

Having a bottle of wine for breakfast doesn't make me a 'wino', it just means I've run out of milk.

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Member, PRO Posts: 486
    edited June 2017

Man you've got skills!@Socks Do you have a website with folio?

@monkeyboy simian said:
    Man you've got skills!@Socks Do you have a website with folio?

Thanks monkey boy ! :) Kind of you to say, no sorry I don't have a website or anything like that.

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Member, PRO Posts: 486
    edited June 2017

Surely you work in one of these areas.. I'm thinking that you must be a professional at this stuff – because if you're not, you should be @Socks

edited June 2017

@monkeyboy simian said:
    Surely you work in one of these areas.. I'm thinking that you must be a professional at this stuff – because if you're not, you should be @Socks

Cheers, yes I make music professionally (mostly for TV / film) and animation.