help me

So I want an image I have but without white in the background. How can I make a background transparent? I am using Windows Paint and I just can't figure it out. Please help me! Should I post a pic.?

Comments

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672
    edited June 2017

If you're using Windows Paint, it might be better off using 'Paint.Net' v4 or above... (it's free!) - easy to use layers and transparency with it - It did me okay for anything other than complex text, before I was able to move to Photoshop... :smile:

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

And if you want something free then use Gimp

@fmakawa said:

@fmakawa - Paint.Net's free too matey! - always good to have a choice though!

@fmakawa said:

BTW - using Paint.Net and adding/installing the AWESOME google-able Grim Colour (Color?) Reaper plug-in, it works WAY better than even photoshop at removing pretty much ANY background colour! - well worth a try!

• twayne1twayne1 Member Posts: 43

this doesn't really help me... tried installing, didn't work or something... can someone just help me out using Windows paint?

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

I doubt that developers use windows paint , your best choice is to download another software and do it. Even for further use , windows paint is really limited. Search on youtube but i doubt you will find an easy option. If you want i can do it for you , just post it here or send me a private message (your choice) . :)

well I just need to know a detailed instruction list of what to do, what to download. I just need to know how to make an image with a transparent background. Thanks for offering to do it, but I need to learn how to do it myself. :smile:

@twayne1 said:
    this doesn't really help me... tried installing, didn't work or something... can someone just help me out using Windows paint?

@twayne1 - seriously mate, just download Paint.net or GIMP - not sure why it didn't work for you, but THIS version here works fine for me, and even installs the required support file - I honestly can't see the problem....

https://getpaint.net/download.html

...also, the Grim Color Reaper plugin is a doddle to 'install' - just unzip, and pop the DLL file into the Paint.Net add-ons folder...:-

https://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/15595-grim-color-reaper-plugin/

Seriously, just try it? - it's great, for FREE - it is FAR better than almost all other transparency tools, I'd still be using it all of the time if I was still using Windows to dev on....

• fmakawafmakawa Member Posts: 565

@twayne1 said:
    well I just need to know a detailed instruction list of what to do, what to download. I just need to know how to make an image with a transparent background. Thanks for offering to do it, but I need to learn how to do it myself. :smile:

You can't in paint. So download something that can.

edited June 2017

Okay so I downloaded paint.net, but then I use the search bar and my PC can't find it...

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@twayne1 said:
    Okay so I downloaded pant.net, but then I use the search bar and my PC can't find it...

When you do a search it would help if you spell "paint" correctly. ;)

Lol I see what you mean but I found a good software for my problem. Thanks for the help guys!

edited June 2017

Soo..... I'm none the wiser, you downloaded Paint.net, ran it, found it on your machine by typing it correctly, or used something else completely?...

:neutral:

Ah well...

I downloaded a different software.

• BBEnkBBEnk Member Posts: 1,764

https://krita.org/en/ is a good Free open source software a lot like Photoshop.

That's the one I used.