'Pause Game' inside a 'Pause Game'

Is there any way to do this?
My goal is to use the 'Pause' behavior to go to a bonus level scene, then pause it again when the bonus level is complete, taking you to a menu scene from which you can continue playing the game or go to the main menu... Is having stacked pause behaviors possible?

I initially was planning on using a game attribute (i.e. game.Pause) to pause/unpause the game by saving each actors position and velocity, then loading those values when game.Pause=0. This won't work for me however because some actors movement is done via interpolation, and after the interpolation starts it runs to completion...

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Right, so you'd have to do a manual interpolation (similar to a MoveTo behavior).

I don't know of a way to do a stacked pause using the Pause Game behavior. Fairly certain you can't especially because I just tried it. ;)

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879

@rainwaterstudios said:
    This won't work for me however because some actors movement is done via interpolation, and after the interpolation starts it runs to completion...

It is true that interpolation will run to completion. But you can always redefine what completion is. Just use an attribute in the "To" field and when its time to stop, put the current value into that attribute.

The interpolate behavior will see that it has run to completion and stop.