Actor spinning out of control after colliding with walls

nick_garcianick_garcia Member, PRO Posts: 2

I have a very simple game where the player has to navigate a maze and reach the correct image. The "player" actor (just a square at this point) is programmed to do just three things (besides moving up, down and to the sides): advance to the next scene if it reaches the right image, reset if it reaches the wrong image, and collide with the walls of the maze so as not to go through them.

For some reason, about half the time when the "player" actor hits the wall, it gets completely out of control, sometimes spinning, sometimes moving around on its own. I've tried deleting the actor and creating it all over again, making it smaller so it fits easily through every maze, and it just keeps happening.

Has anybody had a similar issue? I'm all out of ideas and I'd really appreciate any suggestions.

Comments

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822
    edited June 2017

For some reason, about half the time when the "player" actor hits the wall, it gets completely out of control . . .

You've not show us any of the rules that cause this behaviour so it's take-a-guess time ! :)

Problems are enormously easier to resolve if you show us the rules that you are using . . (can you imagine asking someone to work out a calculation without showing them any of the numbers involved, weird uh !?).

Ok, my first guess would be that you are using the Move behaviour and it's set to 'Actor' rather than 'Scene'?

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Tick fixed rotation to avoid the spinning.

• nick_garcianick_garcia Member, PRO Posts: 2

Fixed rotation did the trick. Thanks Icebox! It's been driving me crazy.