Knight In Hell - Medieval Shmup

Hi everyone!

I just want to share my first GameSalad release. From only being able to print to console in Java to releasing a fully playable game. I'm so stoked and it's all due to the GameSalad engine and its fantastic community. Everyone has been so helpful and unassuming (which is great when you're utterly confused and feeling stupid). Thank you!!

App store links! Feedback welcomed!

Android: https://goo.gl/iUJFVw
iOS: http://apple.co/2qCiFDO

Comments

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465

@aurynstar I :heart: the artwork. Definitely going to grab this. I'll take a look and review the iOS version. Congrats on your first game release!!

• aurynstaraurynstar Member Posts: 41

@RowdyPants

Thanks! I really appreciate the support!

@aurynstar Downloaded, played, loved, reviewed. The music is lovely. The art is charming. I want the UI (mainly the controller and bomb buttons) to be pixelish like the rest of the scene but it's alright nonpixelly too. The controls (touch, joystick, tilt) feel natural. The high score scoreboard is working but I think it may have laughed at me when it realized I'll never make those scores that are already on there! The game runs great on my iPhone 4S. One thing I noticed is that while the sound fx volume slider works properly the music volume slider doesn't seem to save after I press back or go on to play. Overall nice work! Knight In Hell is fast paced and fun.

• -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313

looks awesome! best of luck with it. will download later today

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Wow ! I will download it later and rate , this looks awesome love the art . Good luck with the downloads

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

Great job, will check it out later.

Follow us: Twitter - Website

@aurynstar The music volume slider does work properly, my mistake. I was sliding down and letting go probably too far down. But if I tap close enough to the bottom (left most) end of the slider it does indeed change the music volume and save it. Sorry about that. I just unlocked the second world. I love that beyond a new landscape there are new enemy types and bosses to fight. One minor visual thing I can see is that whenever I'm controlling with joystick and hit either side of the map the character sprite gets jittery, probably being put back in bounds and then moving out and then being put back. You may look at switching around the hero/joystick rules to check for the hero's x coordinate before moving.

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Nice game. Lots of great stuff. Generally I don't like games where my finger covers the player. Still pretty good.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Looks great! Awesome job! Will download tonight!

• aurynstaraurynstar Member Posts: 41

Thanks everyone! Great, encouraging comments! Working on my next game!

@RowdyPants Yeah, I think I need to re-work the sound options. I also agree that the UI would probably look better as a pixelated image. I'll give it a try.

@-Timo- , @Icebox , @AlchimiaStudios , @Braydon_SFX Thanks for the interest. I hope you like it!

@Toque I totally understand about the finger covering the player. I know control preference ranges drastically per person, so I was hoping to cover all bases by offering different control types. There were so many ways to go!