“ChronoBob”: available on the App Store now

TylTyl Member Posts: 19

Hey guys,

Check out my Freemium game on the iTunes Store? (the first 12 levels are free to play)
https://itunes.apple.com/be/app/chronobob/id1250889813?l=nl&mt=8

A good rating and a nice review from you fellow game devs would be much appreciated. :)

Check out my launchvid:
https://youtu.be/oDJ-wcOEq6A

Follow me on:
twitter.com/PetitParisGames
https://twitter.com/ChronoBobGame

Like and share, Like and share, Like and share, Like and share, Like and share…

Comments

• -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313

Wow looks great! Downloading now! Best of luck with it!

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

I like your graphics ! cool game but i'm having trouble with the controls " left and right " they are too close to each other , other than that , its great ! good luck with the downloads !

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465

@Tyl Art looks really nice! I'll grab it now and check it out. :mrgreen:

• SocksSocks London, UK.Member Posts: 12,822

Just watched the launch video, really cool, great looking characters/design/animation, excellent music and sound too ! Really polished job. I'll download tomorrow when I can grab my iPad !! :)

• TylTyl Member Posts: 19

Thanks for the comments. Polishing was the comfort zone. :)
    Now I'm in the scary marketing zone :s ... it feels like trying to find a way through a maze, blindfolded and on roller-skates.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

Congrats on the release @Tyl! Great little game!

Thanks Armelline. :) And thanks again for helping me out with the in-app purchase

• The_Gamesalad_GuruThe_Gamesalad_Guru Member Posts: 9,922

Love the look. Hope it plays as well.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

There is a big (as in it will have an effect on how people feel about the game, impacting reviews) bug in the game.

First time finishing the first level, I got two stars. I wanted to get three. First off, some of the times to achieve the third star are crazy. But, more importantly!!! I have now achieved three stars on that leve repeatedly, but it does not update it and still shows only two stars in the menu. If you have a star that is hard to get, and then after repeating the level many times you finally achieve it, but it isn't counted, that will reflect very badly on how your players feel about the game.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

I missed this post. Looks great, downloading now. Nice to see a paid game! Good luck with your downloads.

Thanks for the feedback pHghost. The score system does wierd stuff. That is bad :/ I tested a 1000 times and now it seems broken. I'll fix it. Do you think the game is too difficult. Beat the target time in particular? I took the average of my personal completion time for each level +5 seconds. Of course I've been playing this thing for a half year now. Maybe I should give the target time extra time.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@Tyl said:
    Do you think the game is too difficult. Beat the target time in particular?

I do! I haven't got 3 stars once!

The menu 3rd star bug has priority now. Next thing is lowering the time challenge. Thanks for the feedback.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@Tyl said:
    Do you think the game is too difficult. Beat the target time in particular?

That's how I feel, yes. It took me a LONG time to complete it, even on the first level. It can maybe get slightly harder in the later levels, but first you need the player to feel a sense of achievement to pull them in. Otherwise they will feel it's too hard to even try and will give up.

Also slightly confusing is the timer counting down, because you don't really know when you've hit the limit for the third star. Maybe change the colour of the counter once you won't get the star?