How to keep the same proportion on iPad and iPhone ?

WeiyuWeiyu Member Posts: 216
edited July 2017 in Working with GS (Mac)

Hello everyone!
I have a problem about keep the same proportion on iPad and iPhone.

My actor's size are 1:1(width:height) on iPhone , but on ipad, they will change their proportion into 1.5:1(width:height).

Could anyone tell me howto keep the same proportion?
Please help me, I have no idea how should I do.
Thank you. :'(

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Hi there,

Making sure that you develop your game with different screen sizes is very important. GameSalad has a feature called Universal Binaries that allows your game to run on any screen size but in order to do that there are a few things you as the developer need to do in your game. We've created a brief video explaining how you can take advantage of this so your game can be played on all devices.

You can find the video here: http://learn.gamesalad.com/course/universal-binaries/

Best regards,
    Braydon

• WeiyuWeiyu Member Posts: 216
    edited July 2017

@Braydon_SFX said:

That is so useful and awesome!!
    Thank you for your help! :D

And I have another problem is how to customize extra background in letterbox? I want to replace extra background with my image. Is this possible?

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

You'll want to switch from letterbox to overscan. :)

• -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313

Most of the times I start with iPad size but keep away from the edges which will not fit on iPhone size.

So this is the iPad size I would build on and keep the 'extra background' as referred to in the image blank (or just useless background which will be shown on iPads but not iPhones)

Hope this makes more sense.

iPad size but only working on the part of the scene which will be shown on iPhone on overscan. I think that's the easiest way to make a project Universal. (only works if you start your project with this method though)