The Gadabout Blade

frdfrd Member Posts: 191

Hello,

I've been working on this small endless runner for the past week, and miraculously it is nearly finished. I haven't managed to complete a game in several years, and I've never published one.

I wondered if any of the familiar faces here on the forum offer publishing as a paid service? It's a mystery to me, and maybe that's not how it works, but I thought I might as well check.

Thanks,
F

Comments

• AdrenalineAdrenaline Member Posts: 523

Your artwork looks very nice. I'm interested to see/learn more about the game. Well done.

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

A week?! Wow! And the art looks amazing! Can't wait to see gameplay footage!

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Looks amazing, as always!

@frd said:
    I wondered if any of the familiar faces here on the forum offer publishing as a paid service? It's a mystery to me, and maybe that's not how it works, but I thought I might as well check.

Not sure what you mean exactly. If the question is whether someone with a PRO account can publish it so you don't have to upgrade, then that is not allowed.

If you just want help, being guided through the publishing process, I'd love to help you with that.

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

Art looks amazing , looking forward to this one

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Interesting. I like the style.

• frdfrd Member Posts: 191

Thanks for the kind words.

Here's a quick gameplay video. (without sound)

@pHghost Thanks for the offer of help, I really appreciate it. I will continue working on the game and contact you if I make it to the end..!

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Member, PRO Posts: 486

that looks great man.. I'm useless, so can't help. I published my first game about December last year. I followed this: http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/88351/thunderchilds-complete-guides-to-ios-and-mac-publishing/p1

If I can do it – anyone can do it. Your game looks like it'll be pretty amazing once you finish it. If mine's worth publishing, yours definitely is. If you're really bored, look for "Pollen Hunter" on the iOS App Store 761 downloads so far :)

Go for it – your game looks like it deserves to be published!

• BigDaveBigDave Member Posts: 2,239
    edited August 2017

i wouldn't use so many different text fonts (not even 2 different)

just one font for everything or something that fits to each other a bit better

• frdfrd Member Posts: 191

@BigDave said:
    i wouldn't use so many different text fonts (not even 2 different)

just one font for everything or something that fits to each other a bit better

I completely agree. I started off with display text behaviours to get it up and running quickly, but now I'm woking my way through replacing them with custom images.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

@frd said:
    if I make it to the end..!

I hope you do! Also, if you need any beta-testing done, give me a shout!

• Terrellort_GamingTerrellort_Gaming Member Posts: 93

Wow very goood Game. I will download free when it released!

• 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368

Well done so far. Definitely try to keep moving forward and release this one.

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store