What version of Gamesalad are you using?

8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368

I've had the most trouble with this newest/current version of Gamesalad than I have any other version. I'm going to go back to an older version of Gamesalad that's more stable but not sure which one yet.

What version of GameSalad are you all using that produces stable builds that don't crash randomly?

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

Comments

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465
    edited August 2017

I generally use the latest stable version 1.25.80 found HERE

I haven't seen any crashing or table issues (atleast with the Mac Client)

• 8BitAvrin8BitAvrin Member, PRO Posts: 368

That's the version I'm using but having major issues with. With previous versions I've had apps over 100mb in size work great but now with this version I've had major issues with apps under 100mb that aren't even as complex as the previous ones.

WebsiteTwitter ∞ My apps are available on: Apple iOS App StoreGoogle Play App StoreAmazon App Store

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465

@8BitAvrin It could be instability but just to be sure I would double check for any rule conflicts that may be repeatedly firing or just being called too fast. Does your project have overlapping timers that might be in conflict or are multiple functions reading from or writing to the same table at the same time? Are any variables being saved over and over? Are there any actor objects moving outside of the screen more than 500 pixel units and then being called on?

Because you're experiencing instability I'm guessing there's some complexity to the project and hopefully might just be simple rule fix.

• AlchimiaStudiosAlchimiaStudios Member Posts: 1,069

Must be something specific to your logic then as @RowdyPants said. I have a project over 1.7GB and it runs fine on the newest version. Contact support and see if they can help out @8BitAvrin

Follow us: Twitter - Website

edited August 2017

Thanks for the responses. I've had various issues in the past with this version, some I've found workarounds to resolve, some I didn't. The main issue I'm dealing with right now is an iOS universal app working completely fine on iPhone but crashing on iPad Air. Even made a blank scene to help it load. It loads the blank screen with a line of loading text, but then it can't handle loading the rest of the 60mb app. Had the iPad on older iOS software versions and the newest one. No luck with either. Going to try a couple more things before this ends up being an only iPhone on iOS app.

Also having issues of horrendous load times when changing or pausing a scene, but I can handle that with workarounds for now.

I'm guessing the culprit is the amount of audio in this app, specifically music m4a files. I thought GS would have been able to handle it better after several years of issues with it. I'll find out for sure once I get more time later today to re-implement those sound files.