Wordgraphy now available on the App Store!

unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game DeveloperMember, PRO Posts: 568

Hi everyone :)

Wordgraphy is a new word game experience that limits your possible moves with letter groups to push you to think different words.

TIPS

• Find words that complete each other to finish the word table

• If you find the correct word but location is wrong, the game will warn you. Try another place for that word.

• Everyday a new level is added to the game. Don't forget to play them.

• You can get help with the tip button. If you are out of tips you can either buy them or watch a video for it.

• Whatever you need is on the quick menu. You can access it by swiping up anywhere on the screen.

FEATURES

• More than 200 handcrafted levels.

• 9 different categories.

• Option to play with 4,5 and 6 letter words.

• Everyday new level.

• Designed to play on any occasion. No time limit, one hand control.

• Fascinating music.

• Game Achievements.

• Exclusive for Appstore.

I hope you will have a wonderful time with this new word game experience, have fun!

Appstore: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1231595810

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

Comments

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

@unbeatenpixel said:

I should hope so after all those features they give you :smiley:
    Look very polished - will be checking out this weekend!

Best,
    Two.E

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

@Two.E said:

@unbeatenpixel said:

I should hope so after all those features they give you :smiley:
    Look very polished - will be checking out this weekend!

Best,
    Two.E

Thanks.

When I first started to game development, I was planning to publish my games on every platform. What a naive thought :# I had a limited time(like every developer), and I just had to focus on only one platform to perform better.

‘’Start small and focus just one platform.’’ It took time to understand how important this was for indie developers in the beginning. Now, I’ve been doing this. It has been almost 2 years. No regret^^

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

You really have a unique style in games i admire that, going to check this later and rate. Good luck with the downloads and getting featured !

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Looks interesting. Will play when I get a chance.

@Icebox said:
    You really have a unique style in games i admire that, going to check this later and rate. Good luck with the downloads and getting featured !

Glad you appreciate it! Thanks for the kind words.

@Toque said:
    Looks interesting. Will play when I get a chance.

Great, I hope it suits your taste:)

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Downloading now! Hoping for another feature from the Apple gods!

@Braydon_SFX said:
    Downloading now! Hoping for another feature from the Apple gods!

Thanks:) I have some news to share with you guys about feature:)

Wordgraphy got featured in 128 countries on the Appstore Homepage!

Amazing! Congrats!

I also see it on the Word Game page in the US Store!

@Braydon_SFX said:
    Amazing! Congrats!

I also see it on the Word Game page in the US Store!

Wow, great :)

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

I'm enjoying the game. Well done!

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

@tatiang said:
    I'm enjoying the game. Well done!

Great to hear that! Thank you :)

edited August 2017

There are 6 one stars saying that they didn't understand the game.

Do you have any feedback on this? Was it easy to understand the game for you?

• -Timo--Timo- Member Posts: 2,313
    edited August 2017

Just downloaded the game before I noticed it was yours. Going to play now and give some feedback in a bit. It looks awesome for sure! And congrats on the features.

EDIT: played a few levels and I can understand the confusion of people not understanding the game. If you click on a letter in the second row you can switch it with any letter from the second row or second column? Guess people don't see the relation there? Had some struggles with it too and still don't immediately see which ones I can switch. Also takes a while to see the words for me (or I don't at all and just switch letters and suddenly it's a word) but I like the game and challenge to find the words.
    Best of luck with it and keep up the good work!

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274

Congrats on being featured again, beyond impressive. I love the look of the game but admit I was a little confused with what to do as well. I hate it when Match three games force a tutorial on me but something original like this could probably benefit from one.

@-Timo- said:
    Just downloaded the game before I noticed it was yours. Going to play now and give some feedback in a bit. It looks awesome for sure! And congrats on the features.

EDIT: played a few levels and I can understand the confusion of people not understanding the game. If you click on a letter in the second row you can switch it with any letter from the second row or second column? Guess people don't see the relation there? Had some struggles with it too and still don't immediately see which ones I can switch. Also takes a while to see the words for me (or I don't at all and just switch letters and suddenly it's a word) but I like the game and challenge to find the words.
    Best of luck with it and keep up the good work!

Thank you for the detailed feedback, much appreciated. Rules of the game are like you said in the first 25 levels of each category(4-5-6). Also, there is a different pattern in every 25 levels. So, it will be a little more difficult in further levels but if players spend time in the game more than 25 levels, new rules will not be so hard for these players.

But I can understand the confusion of the some players. So, I just sent a quick update with more tutorials for the newcomers. I am also still working on the design changes to help players. Unfortunately, I need a little more time to finish for that.

@BazookaTime said:
    Congrats on being featured again, beyond impressive. I love the look of the game but admit I was a little confused with what to do as well. I hate it when Match three games force a tutorial on me but something original like this could probably benefit from one.

Thanks for the kind words. We share the same feelings on forced tutorials. I'm trying not to do this in my own games. This is not the easiest path but if it is done correctly, gives the player much more pleasure.

Great feature. Well done.
    I was a little confused about gameplay but I don't play a lot of these word games.

I'm mixed about forced tutorials. It would of helped me on your game. Long poorly done ones I don't like.

Apple likes it so you probably did it right.

@Toque said:
    Great feature. Well done.
    I was a little confused about gameplay but I don't play a lot of these word games.

I'm mixed about forced tutorials. It would of helped me on your game. Long poorly done ones I don't like.

Apple likes it so you probably did it right.

Thanks :) Without forced tutorials, the rules could be better explained to the player in Wordgraphy. A few ideas came to my mind after feedbacks, I wish I had thought before the release :| I'm working on it right now.

Guys, Us Store Homepage!

Hopefully the new update will be published as quickly as possible.

I see it, too! Nice!

I also see it in the top 25 in the word game section!

Apple likes the game as you made it. So I'm not sure you need to change anything.

Featured in Canada. Well done

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

Congrats - and thanks for sharing. I always feel a little bit of excitement and my productivity always increases for the next week. I'll make sure to leave a review in the Australia store.

Best,
    Two.E

@Toque said:
    Apple likes the game as you made it. So I'm not sure you need to change anything.

@Toque said:
    Featured in Canada. Well done

Thanks. Not major changes, I'm talking about small improvements that will make the game even better.

@Two.E said:
    Congrats - and thanks for sharing. I always feel a little bit of excitement and my productivity always increases for the next week. I'll make sure to leave a review in the Australia store.

Best,
    Two.E

Thank you @Two.E I saw your work in the other topic. Impressive work!

after first week :) ;

@Hopscotch said:
    Awesome achievement @unbeatenpixel ! Congrats!

Thank you!

Great!

Amazing! Great job!

Wordgraphy’s first major feature on the New AppStore! :) 30 October US Store.