Has anyone tried using NW.JS with the new creator for HTML5 to .EXE?

I have read that this was done a while back with the HTML5 publish, but had some issues. I was wondering if anyone has given this a try with the new system.

Thanks!

Comments

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Publishing isn't supported yet in the HTML5 tool. It's currently being worked on, though!

• crestwoodgamescrestwoodgames Member Posts: 191

I would love to come back to GS if this works. Any admins that could answer this question?

• adent42adent42 Key Master, Head Chef, Executive Chef, Member, PRO Posts: 3,034

A Long Way Home was converted and I've done it on a personal project. It mostly works. The HTML5 engine has a few differences in physics and doesn't support some projects that use undocumented lua in their expressions. Basically, try an HTML5 export. If the game works as expected, than it will work fine wrapped in NW.js. If it doesn't, it's not because of NW.js but because the HTML5 engine has some different performance characteristics that you will have to work around.

• crestwoodgamescrestwoodgames Member Posts: 191
    edited August 2017

Will the new creator still have these issues, and is there a list of features/functions we should avoid if it does?

Someone in another thread was talking about a different creator that is also in browser and exports to PC just fine. I cant remember the post. I am just trying to educate myself and learn what the issues are.

I dont have a subscription and am not sure if I should begin a project or not using GS.

• ChunkypixelsChunkypixels Member Posts: 1,114

Unless your building a new game for iOS and possibly Android, then you really are better off looking at other tools that better support the platform you want to publish on. Gamesalad currently works reasonably well for iOS and Android, but even for those platforms is quickly falling well behind in support and updates, due to development efforts being concentrated on converting the current tool to a web-based one.

Many of the listed publishing platforms haven't ever worked fully, and may never.

So unless your publishing to iOS or Android, work out what platform you want to publish for, and research what other engine is going to best suit your needs... otherwise you could be setting yourself up for all sorts of headaches and woes by starting work on a new game for any other platform using GameSalad.