Introducing GSLearn! - My little site of works

Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599
edited August 2017 in Community Tutorials

Hello,

Just a little update to let you know about my new site: GSLearn

I like slowly making templates and learning resources, and while other marketplaces are being overcrowded, I decided to put all mine in one easy spot. It also makes it easier for me to do updates on templates and to contact me easily. The goal is to make the site into nice quality resource site.

Some templates on there already:

It is still relatively new, but hoping to expand out of the Grid + Tables styles and also include more useful resources. Any new demos or resources will be posted here. If you have questions feedback, would love to hear it.
Thanks for viewing.

Edit: In celebration, you can also get my Udemy course for free Here!

Best,
Two.E

Comments

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Really nice site.

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599
    edited August 2017

@Toque Here it is. It was moved! :)

Mini Jump (Free) - Double jump, control the platforms with tables. Particle effects when game over. Wrap X position.

Download Here!

Best,

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465

@Two.E Hey, the "Download Here!" link is missing : after http

Thanks @RowdyPants . Fixed. You would not believe how often I do that :)

@Two.E Hehe, I love your Udemy Course description "..I'm in Australia and struggle with the world being upside down.."

Snake Movement Logic (Free)

Such a simple yet great learning template to get similar with Key controls, tables and more.

Some features:

Coin snaps to grid,
    Coin won’t overlap with snake when finding new position
    Snake is limited within boundaries
    Camera shake when lose.
    Notes included.

Download Here!

Best,
    Two.E

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

Looking very nice @Two.E best of luck

edited August 2017

Grid Movement (Free)

Move the yellow square around a grid, and see where it can move to via white squares. Move and place black squares around the grid to limit the spaces the yellow square can move to.

Download Here!

Plus Square (Free)

Just a very simple thing made years back that uses a table.

Download Here!

Tic Tac Toe (Free)

Another Tic Tac Toe demo that was one of my very first projects I made when starting to explore tables and Grids.

Download Here!

Lines (Free) - Work in Progress

4x4 flow free style mechanism. Its still being worked on. A few little bugs, a design change needed and hoping to include more bigger grid sizes. Should be finished by end of week!

Hope they help a little.

Best,
    Two.E

edited August 2017

Thanks all for visiting. Hoping to really start making some cool things to share.
    To celebrate a very tiny milestone (100 downloads), here is latest demo. Hope it sparks some ideas.

Bouncy Golf (Free)

Like a mini golf game with some very cool effects with design. You can create your own levels by simply editing a table with either a value of 0,1 or 2.

There are 117 squares that can be edited, so you can make a really big level. Or come up with some really cool designs. I made a few and will hopefully get to add them later on. You can include as many stars or moves as you want. You can change the colour of the effects and design. Just touch and drag to shoot the ball.
    (Hoping to set this up with tables and more levels in the future)

0 = Square becomes a wall
    1 = Square becomes empty and ball can move in it.
    2 = Square is empty and will also display a star to collect.

Download Here!

Best,
    Two.E

• IceboxIcebox Member Posts: 1,485

I'm sure learning a lot from this, thanks for the awesome demo's !

@Icebox Thanks. Really Glad to hear it.

One of the great things about Bouncy Golf! is how easy it is to make and share levels here on the forums. So for those who have downloaded the game file, here are two levels that I quickly made.

To play them, simply download the attached file, and import the file called "Table Levels" into the game Table called Levels.
    And import the "Table Data" into the Table called Data.

Make sure when importing you use these settings:

Hoping to add a but more elements to the game. If you created a level and want to share, simply upload the table files.

Best,
    Two.E

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

That is so cool. Well done.

Lines (Free)

Hello all again. As promised, this is a flow mechanism where you connect the dots with lines to fill the grid. It is only a 4x4 grid. You can easy add in levels, 5 are included in the file for you to help with learning. Lots of great features so make sure to watch the video.

Please Note: The Logic is still not 100% efficient. (Its close) But I am still finding a few new ways to really reduce the logic. I hope to update this within a week. If you also like it, or want to support, I have a PRO version in the works which will have the new logic, notes, and multiple board sizes and customisations. It will be out with the update.

Download Here!

Thanks Again. Doesn't look like too much interest here on the forums, so I will limit the updates to 1-2 times a week with a list of new additions.

Best,
    Two.E

Thanks all for visiting! - Please note that these are just mechanisms - Not full games. They are designed to help you learn or show how to build certain types of game so you can then apply it to your future game development. (or be inspired)

If you have a question about a template - there is a contact button at the bottom of the front page. I do not do customs work for free (I can help with any issues or problems/feedback). There is a developer listed on the site that you can contact for paid work.

I will hopefully have some more demos in coming days - Until then.

Best,
    Two.E

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

Great job! Such superb content for the community. Thanks for sharing!

• BazookaTimeBazookaTime Member Posts: 1,274

Wow, some super impressive stuff here! I can't believe how much stuff you are giving away for free. Thanks!!!

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Two.E said:

Doesn't look like too much interest here on the forums, so I will limit the updates to 1-2 times a week with a list of new additions.

Not so! :smiley: This is fabulous material. Thought I should let you know. There are probably plenty of others like me that haven't had time to try these out yet and so haven't commented.

I still want to do your Udemy course, but no play time lately. :/

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

@PhilipCC said:
    Not so! :smiley: This is fabulous material. Thought I should let you know. There are probably plenty of others like me that haven't had time to try these out yet and so haven't commented.

Ditto! I'm impressed with what you've posted but haven't had time to dive into it. Quite appreciative though!

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• AdrenalineAdrenaline Member Posts: 523

@PhilipCC said:

@Two.E said:

Doesn't look like too much interest here on the forums, so I will limit the updates to 1-2 times a week with a list of new additions.

I still want to do your Udemy course, but no play time lately. :/

Same here, @Two.E ! I've been quite busy lately, but I keep coming back here to be impressed by all of your posts, and add everything to my backlog of watching/learning material. Thank you so much!

edited September 2017

@Adrenaline @tatiang @PhilipCC @BazookaTime @Braydon_SFX
    Thanks for the support! - Hopefully they help.

Weekly Update #1

Been a very busy week (outside GS) so things were a bit slow. I did go through a redesign a few logos and designs on some of the templates. Plus a new free template added to the site:

Tall Tower (Free)

My take on the block building concept. Very simple and effective. Has some nice effects!
    Hope it inspires some great content.

Download Here!

Thats all for the week for free templates.
    (Paid content still being added/updated regularly)

Best,
    Two.E

• Braydon_SFXBraydon_SFX Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Bowlboy Sidekick Posts: 9,271

I really like that one! Great job!

@Two.E You rock, my friend! Thank you the generous and very helpful code and tutorial donations. I'm loving your Udemy course btw. :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

• HopscotchHopscotch Member, PRO Posts: 2,782

Very clean and concise templates @Two.E !

They are excellent to learn from and expand on.

The extensive use of tables in your templates, is especially helpful to new developers, as there are not many templates around which show the ease and power of tables.

Thank you for your contributions to the community!

• RedRoboRedRobo Member, PRO Posts: 680

Looks great...thank you ;)

• SEMASEMA Member Posts: 161

This is amazing :o :o !!!!!!!! I download all the free templates and I got several ideas from them for my game. I haven't been active lately because of school :( :s .
    The great job keeps it up and huge thanks. <3 <3 <3

@Braydon_SFX Thanks - About time you like one of my works! (We should team up one day) :)

@RowdyPants That very exciting to hear. Hopefully the free resources at GSLearn compliment the course.

@Hopscotch That's fantastic to hear! Alway grateful for your continuous support.

@strag Glad to hear! Thanks.

@SEMA That really great to read. I am trying to provide just the basic concept in hopes it sparks ideas. I've seen many unique and exciting games start to come to life that I would never have thought off. Hoping to start a section that highlight games or deigns made with the content. We shall see.

Just a quick update to address a few questions:

Why are most templates built in a MacBook Scene?

This is for 2 reasons.

• The ratio of devices change so rapidly these days, the MacBook dimensions gives a lot of flexibility with Letterbox/overscan as to how you want it to fit in the device. If I made it for iPad/IPhone - I would have to keep updating (Like for this new iPhone X). If I don't get a chance to in the future to update things, at least you have the option to customise the ratio with the current sizing.
    • GSLearn is primary built on the concept of Learning. Therefore I do my best to provide core mechanisms or ideas without ripping off completed games. Perhaps this is not what you wanted when you download/purchase templates, but as it stands, they are learning resources, not full games. If are interested in full games, you will need to visit the offical marketplace.

Is the art in the free templates free to use?

Firstly, thank you for thinking they are Art. And secondly, yes, they are just rectangles or circles I made. You can keep the same design if you wish or completely change it.
    However, I am taking a new direction and will be having placeholder art in a lot of future templates, but it will be water-marked and there will be highlighted in the descriptions.

Best,

Grid Line Logic (Paid)

Word Whiz (Free)

A great start to learning how to make a word game. This shows you how to check a table if a word is valid. How to record a players input. Some nice button effects.

Download Here!

Thanks again for all the support!
    Best,
    Two.E

Just a quick update: Will be resuming with some more free demos soon! - Been working on a few new games.

Best,

• goliathgoliath Member Posts: 1,440

What games have you released? These demo's are VERY well done.

• unbeatenpixelunbeatenpixel Game Developer Member, PRO Posts: 568

I would like to let you know that your Udemy course is great, I just finished it.

Keep up the good work!

Check out my games on the App Store!

Wordgraphy / Polycolor / 20 Seconds / Minimal Maze

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

@Two.E said:
    Just a quick update: Will be resuming with some more free demos soon! - Been working on a few new games.

Best,

Keep up the good work!