Creating a spin wheel game

kiking12000kiking12000 Member Posts: 1

Hi, First of all, I am a newbie in making games in GameSalad.
so here is my inquiry, how I could create a spin wheel game? maybe you can give me some tips or any templates.
thank you so much in advance for the help that you can provide to me

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited August 2017

What is a spin wheel game? Can you provide an example? You can rotate an actor using the Rotate behavior (e.g. within a Timer) and then determine where it lands using the value of self.Rotation.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• RThurmanRThurman Member, Sous Chef, PRO Posts: 2,879

That is a pretty generic question. Often a generic question will only get a generic answer.
    We tend to do better at answering specific, focused questions about game mechanics. (Well.... at least I do.)

Are there any particular aspects of creating a spin wheel game you want to know about? For example, do you want to know how to rotate an actor? Or do you want to know how to detect a mousedown condition? Do you want to know how to use a "Press" button to make an actor spin?

Or perhaps you are more interested in other aspects of creating a spin wheel game?

• johnnymagnejohnnymagne NorwayMember Posts: 112

@tatiang said:
    What is a spin wheel game? Can you provide an example? You can rotate an actor using the Rotate behavior (e.g. within a Timer) and then determine where it lands using the value of self.Rotation.

Maybe you should take a look at this old thread on the Ferris Wheel by.... @RThurman
    Maybe you can use it:

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/comment/413450#Comment_413450