Flickering Expression Editor Tool-tip

So I assume (and hope) I'm not the only one having this small problem, but whenever I hover my cursor over the expression editor (that's what it's called, right? It has the cursive 'e' next to it) the tooltip flickers rapidly. It's quite annoying when I want to see a preview of what's on the expression editor without having to open it. I can also put it on the bug tracker if that helps more (that's probably better tbh) just wanted to put this on the forums to see if other people are aware and I guess(?) to make it more noticeable. Lemme know if you need me to be more specific.

Having trouble with your game? Sounds like a personal problem.

Comments

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685

Yep unfortunately this has been around forever it seems. I would worry too much as big changes are coming with the new web version of GameSalad!

• ADSentertainmentADSentertainment Member Posts: 397

@gingagaming said:
    Yep unfortunately this has been around forever it seems. I would worry too much as big changes are coming with the new web version of GameSalad!

They don't plan on abandoning the standalone version, right? Because I'm probably going to prefer that one over the web version when it's released.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

The plan is to 'pack' the web version into an offline tool. The old Creator as you know it now, with it's bugs and layout and all that will be discontinued and stop working eventually, but there's still time (roughly a year or so).

• blobblob Member, PRO Posts: 229

Yep, that one is old like snow...
    I've taught myself blinking at the matching flickering rate which is around 15 Hertz.
    Now it looks perfect. :D

@blob Yeah I've been off the grid with Gamesalad for a little over a year now, so some stuff is kinda new to me.

@pHghost Well I assume that by that time, it will have the same features as the original and support the .gameproj file, right? Because it'd be preferably for me not to lose my work because the engine is being remade from the ground up.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

They aren't actually changing the engine, just making an updated version of Creator that will work in the browser and be the same across platforms.

You can already open .gameproj files in the beta, though feature-wise it's not ready for full time use and publishing.