My rule reset scene when collide with actor of choice coyote isn't working!

Cat GamingCat Gaming Member Posts: 49
edited September 2017 in Tech Support

I have a game where you are a cat and I want there to be coyotes that will make you restart the scene. Now I used the rest scene behavior and made it if Fire Cat collides or overlaps with Coyote Reset Scene but it isn't working. I can pass through the coyote and come out on the other side of it. Please help me!

Comments

• Cat GamingCat Gaming Member Posts: 49

Someone Help!!

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949
    edited September 2017

There's a saying that an emergency on your part doesn't necessitate an emergency on our part. 99% of the members here are volunteers... so offering to help is just something people do out of the kindness of their heart. If you don't get an answer immediately, be patient and/or provide more details, screenshots, etc. to further explain the problem.

So, for example, what does your rule look like? If you can post a screenshot, someone may be able to offer a suggestion for how to fix it.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

Impossible to say without seeing the rules.

• SynaaronSynaaron Member, PRO Posts: 9

The only logical problem I can come up with is your collide rule isn't setup properly.

You should have a rule saying:
    When cat collides with coyote
    Do reset scene

Although, I don't know how many scenes you have or how the data is managed but you could try doing a change scene that transitions back to that scene. It is a waste of data and time but it is a quick fix if applicable.

• Cat GamingCat Gaming Member Posts: 49

Thanks Synaaron It worked!