Uploading Game to App Store

I saved my game on a flash drive and I want to upload it to the app store WITHOUT downloading xcode. How can I do this????

Comments

• ToqueToque Member Posts: 1,187

You can't upload to apple's App Store without Xcode or an apple's developer account.

• Cat GamingCat Gaming Member Posts: 49

@Toque said:
    You can't upload to apple's App Store without Xcode or an apple's developer account.

I have Xcode but I don't know how to use it.

• Cat GamingCat Gaming Member Posts: 49

@Cat Gaming said:

@Toque said:

I have Xcode but I don't know how to use it.

oops I didn't finish. Anyways I didn't know how to use it so I tried to get AROUND using it. I really don't want to deal with another app right now. But if it's my only option I will use it. Can you guide me in the right direction?

• RowdyPantsRowdyPants Member Posts: 465

@Cat Gaming You'll need to purchase a Developer Account from Apple (~$99/year) to distribute your apps in the App Store.

As @Toque mentioned, Xcode is required to upload your binary as it uses Application Loader to actually send your files to Apple.

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599

There is a tutorial on the front page of the forums that should help/cover everything. Good place to start.

http://forums.gamesalad.com/discussion/88351/thunderchilds-complete-guides-to-ios-and-mac-publishing/p1

All the best with your game,

Two.E

• PhilipCCPhilipCC Encounter Bay, South AustraliaMember Posts: 1,390

@Cat Gaming You also need to be a Pro GameSalad member so that you can publish your game in the format required by Apple. Saving the GS file to a flash drive doesn't cut it!

I admire your enthusiasm, but I think you need to slow down and start from the beginning by studying the GS Cookbook, doing the GS Tutorials and watching the videos. At the moment you are way in over your head and hardly understand what you are asking Forum members.

They are not here to lead you by the hand in every little aspect of learning GS, or tell you what kind of game to make, or what kind of gameplay, or how to animate, or how to draw characters, etc, etc... and even teach you the details of publishing.

Hey, they are busy building their own games, often studying others tips and tutorials to accomplish what they are trying to do.

They are a good bunch and will help you if you put in the work to learn GS properly first. If you pester them and expect them to be your nanny you will suddenly find yourself being ignored. :'(