Camera Tracking

When using Camera Control, how can I lock the Camera to stay far in front of the Character? I tried setting the Tracking Size to 0,0, but that only moves the camera when the character reaches the center of the screen, while I want the camera to move earlier, and keep the character at the far left, so that players have more time to react. I tried creating a new actor, that has a position locked ahead of the charcter's position, and made the camera follow that actor, but when I did, the Character appears to shake/vibrate.

Is there any other way to do this?
Thanks!

Comments

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

I use the method of a second actor which is constrained at an offset from the Character, and haven't had a problem with shakes/vibration. Can you post a screenshot of how your rules are set up?

• SamsonSimhonScompSamsonSimhonScomp Member, PRO Posts: 12

I created a variable called (CharacterX) then did (Timer Every 0 Seconds Change Attribute Self.Position.X to CharacterX + 50, in the second actor.)

I'll try constrain next
    Thanks!

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

If you compare an Every 0 seconds Timer that increases an attribute by one to a Constrain Attribute behavior that constrains the attribute by itself plus one, you'll see that the Constrain happens twice as fast as the Timer.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User