Could someone please test out this IAP template

This IAP issue is killing me.
I really need to know if the problem is due to Gamesalad's code or Google's servers.

Can someone here kindly upload this template as an app on Google Console and test out the IAP if it's working or not.

http://www.armelline.com/iap-tutorial-template.html

I tested out this template and noticed it has the same issue as my app.

So I thought the problem might be Google related and not Gamesalad related. (Since nobody complained about this template not working)

I just need someone from another country to double check and see if they are facing the same problem with Armelline's template, if the purchase discounts money and fails or goes through without any problems.

If everything goes smoothly with this template that means my IAP issue is Google related and I will try to contact them on this issue.

Thank you

Comments

• 3absh3absh Member Posts: 601

Anyone?

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

Since nobody else seems to have any problems with IAP on Android, I'd suggest reaching out to Google. If others were experiencing the same thing as you, they would have long ago let you know.

Since nobody else seems to have any problems with IAP on Android, I'd suggest reaching out to Google.

I just had an hour long phone call with Google and laid out the details about this problem.

But It would really make my day if someone here in the forums helped me by testing out Armelline's template so I can be 100% certain it's related to Google and not to my code.

I'm sorry if I seem too persistent but I've worked so hard on this app (2 years of my life), I don't want to feel like it has been wasted on nothing.

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

I've heard of issues with Google specifically with IAPs. I've had many work, but a few not. I've generally got things to work, but haven't pinned down what the exact problem has been as it's less usual I'm asked to do Google versions of games. I would certainly not rule out a change needing to be made to the template. When I have some time I'll dig back into that template and check/update it.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685
    edited September 2017

One other thing that I never suggested to you before in my PMs @abuabed84 is to ensure that the Google Code is in your publishing portal (see screenshot below) and also NOT to side load the app onto your device. (Side loading is installing it on your device directly and not via Google Play). As IAP's do not work unless you pass it through the store.

@gingagaming said:
    One other thing that I never suggested to you before in my PMs @abuabed84 is to ensure that the Google Code is in your publishing portal (see screenshot below) and also NOT to side load the app onto your device. By side loading I mean installing it on your device direct and not via Google Play. As IAP doesn't work unless you pass it through the store.

Yes, this turned out to be the problem. It works now..
    Thank you so much @gingagaming for all your help.

I think it would be a good idea if GameSalad wouldn't allow signing the app until this step is done (or a box checked that the game doesn't have IAP's) because I've seen so many complaints on the forums about IAP's not working and I'm guessing it was all because of this essential step that people miss out.

• gingagaminggingagaming FREELANCE GS DEV Member Posts: 1,685