SLOCM3Z here for music and sound bits if needed!

SLOCM3ZSLOCM3Z Member Posts: 797

Hey! I'm a music producer ( https://soundcloud.com/slocm3z ) that is learning to program games and make music along with it; and I had a crazy thought, "I should do music for others!" :smiley:

I can do pretty much anything from powerful orchestral to simple bubbly intro screen music. Chill, EDM, coin sounds, achievements, button noises. All the things! All good quality too!

Shoot me an email at joshuadavislogan@gmail.com if you are interested!

Comments

• SLOCM3ZSLOCM3Z Member Posts: 797

What happened to all the good games btw? All I see in the community games are these silly little maze games...

• JapsterJapster Member Posts: 672
    edited September 2017

@SLOCM3Z said:
    What happened to all the good games btw? All I see in the community games are these silly little maze games...

@SLOCM3Z - If you mean 'releases in general', I think you're missing a LOT of content, or just plain wrong! :wink: - there are LOADS of great games released/on the go in the community recently, perhaps you've just not seen them! :smile:

As for diversity, if you check out my Parcel Monkey Simulator post (and indeed, my Retro Snippets, and Gravity Star Rescue Racer posts), and other 'Announce Your Game' posts on here, such as @jasonnowak 's "Star Crazy", @RossmanBrothersGames "Get Me Out Of Here!" and @kirafu 's superb "Roll Turtle", I think you'll find that we're getting even more diverse releases / WIP's - it's certainly more varied and ambitious in terms of what people are achieving with GS than a few years ago... :wink:

However, if you just mean what I think you might mean - i.e. perhaps you've been looking in GS Arcade / Online examples, I've found that the majority of more 'ambitious' games don't seem to work in GS Arcade etc due to the HTML 5 issues :frowning: - mine certainly don't, and it's pretty frustrating, as it also makes any chance of releasing stuff on Steam practically none-existent, with the exception or 2 from more enterprising peeps on here.... :wink:

• SLOCM3ZSLOCM3Z Member Posts: 797

@Japster said:

@SLOCM3Z said:

@SLOCM3Z - If you mean 'releases in general', I think you're missing a LOT of content, or just plain wrong! :wink: - there are LOADS of great games released/on the go in the community recently, perhaps you've just not seen them! :smile:

As for diversity, if you check out my Parcel Monkey Simulator post (and indeed, my Retro Snippets, and Gravity Star Rescue Racer posts), and other 'Announce Your Game' posts on here, such as @jasonnowak 's "Star Crazy", @RossmanBrothersGames "Get Me Out Of Here!" and @kirafu 's superb "Roll Turtle", I think you'll find that we're getting even more diverse releases / WIP's - it's certainly more varied and ambitious in terms of what people are achieving with GS than a few years ago... :wink:

However, if you just mean what I think you might mean - i.e. perhaps you've been looking in GS Arcade / Online examples, I've found that the majority of more 'ambitious' games don't seem to work in GS Arcade etc due to the HTML 5 issues :frowning: - mine certainly don't, and it's pretty frustrating, as it also makes any chance of releasing stuff on Steam practically none-existent, with the exception or 2 from more enterprising peeps on here.... :wink:

haha I mean the GS Arcade online. There aren't any more good games. At least, none that I see. But I have been watching Roll Turtle and another called 10 Years Left (I think that's the name :sweat_smile:) It seems that the better games are more pushed through the forums. Which is cool hehe