How to Make a Flash Card App?

Hello,

I am currently learning Japanese in college and using this flashcard app, Cram, I wanted something more 'unique' corresponding to the page/vocab in this workbook. Therefore, I thought of an app that I and my fellow classmates can use to learn and memorize specifically for that class.

Surely there are thousands of apps to learn Japanese, which is fine, but they won't help me memorize the class' lesson/vocab to prepare for quizzes/tests/exams.

I was wondering how can I create this sort of app? Is it possible with GameSalad? Are there alternatives to create this application?

Thank you dearly,

Chavez

Comments

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Can you create this with GameSalad? Yes! Will it take you longer than finding a flashcard app or website that lets you customize the words? Yes! So... if you want to get started, dive into the GameSalad tutorials and also check out the available quiz/flashcard templates at http://gshelper.com.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User

• JosChavzJosChavz Member Posts: 3

@tatiang said:
    Can you create this with GameSalad? Yes! Will it take you longer than finding a flashcard app or website that lets you customize the words? Yes! So... if you want to get started, dive into the GameSalad tutorials and also check out the available quiz/flashcard templates at http://gshelper.com.

Well those give you a template and I only found one template that wasn't very appealing.
    So I can make an app for flashcards... I'm pretty new to this, developing and GameSalad, mind if I can have useful links to help me with this journey I have set upon?

Also, another question, must I upload this app to the appstore or is it possible for me to be the only one to use the app, as in downloading the .apk file for myself.

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342

You can make an .apk just for yourself, and also share it with your friends as well, without the need to put it on the 'Droid store.

• tatiangtatiang Member, Sous Chef, PRO, Senior Sous-Chef Posts: 11,949

Useful links... well, I'd start with the cookbook and tutorials to learn the tool in general, then build something very simple to start with. For example, you might make a single card that has a question and then when you tap the screen, it changes to the answer. Then go back and learn about tables (I tend to Google gamesalad for whatever I want to learn about) so that you can make ten or twenty or three hundred flash cards that rely on table data with a single "card" actor on a single scene.

New to GameSalad? (FAQs)   |   Tutorials   |   Templates   |   Greenleaf Games   |   Educator & Certified GameSalad User