Multi-Touch : How Many Touches?

How can I find out the number of touches available for using multi-touch on an iPod Touch? Is there any way to detect the number of available touches within GS?

Comments

• pHghostpHghost London, UKMember Posts: 2,342
    edited October 2017

In the Device section of GameSalad Creator, the touches listed are #1 to #11, which means 10 touches, that's one for every finger!

• rainwaterstudiosrainwaterstudios Member Posts: 198

@pHghost said:
    In the Device section of GameSalad Creator, the touches listed are #1 to #11, which means 10 touches, that's one for every finger!

Yes, I am aware that GS supports 10-finger touch; works fine when testing on my iPad pro but my iPod only recognizes maybe 5 of them. To clarify, how do I detect the number of available touches on the device running the project?

OK, understood. For that, you probably need to look elsewhere (technical specifications of the devices). This will likely be a hardware limitation imposed top-down.

How old is the iPod device you speak of? What iOS is it running?

• ArmellineArmelline Member, PRO Posts: 5,327

There is no way to detect this at run-time. You'll need to do as @pHghost suggested and check the specs for each device, detect the device, and respond accordingly.

• rainwaterstudiosrainwaterstudios Member Posts: 198

@pHghost said:
    How old is the iPod device you speak of? What iOS is it running?

iPod Touch 7, running iOS 10.3.3

• Two.ETwo.E Member Posts: 599
    edited October 2017

Are you talking about multi-touch points? In which iPod devices were limited to 5, and iPad devices were 10+?

I stopped reading about the iPod Touches years ago, but at that time, it was limited to 5 touch inputs at once. Which would explain why 10 would work on iPad, and only 5 on iPods and lower iPhone models.

Best,

@Two.E said:
    iPod devices were limited to 5

That's your answer, @rainwaterstudios !